Viget is an independent digital agency that has been branding, designing, and building digital products and platforms since 1999. Our culture is ideal for lifelong learners seeking a variety of meaningful work, supportive collaboration with positive teammates, and a healthy work/life balance. We work from four sweet offices (hybrid) and remote locations throughout the U.S., and utilize a proven cadence of virtual and in-person meetings and retreats to build comradery and stay connected. We love our team.
As a Product Manager at Viget, you’ll work on a variety of projects, including custom software and complex content and ecommerce sites. You’ll facilitate product design sprints, define and prioritize requirements, collaborate with our brilliant designers and developers to design and build products, lead quality assurance, and celebrate launches.
At Viget, Product Managers are experts in building digital products. They work collaboratively with clients to understand organization goals, define solutions, answer hard questions, and ensure the overall quality of a product. They facilitate product planning and discovery, lead requirements gathering and feature definition, oversee technical delivery (working closely with our engineers), and conduct QA. They have a technical acumen and effectively collaborate with both internal teams and clients on technical matters.
Here are a few examples of the kind of work you’d lead:
- building an MVP for Project Beacon to better operationalize the COVID-19 testing process all the way from scheduling to results;
- bringing a Series B-funded clean energy startup’s established web-based product to native mobile with a team of product designers and React Native developers;
- taking a founder’s idea for Optify from concept to prototype to a well-defined product equipped with a name and brand strategy;
- building an MVP athlete community platform for Urū Sports, leveraging user feedback for feature prioritization.
If these are challenges that you would thoroughly enjoy, then this job might be a fit for you.
You'll need to communicate, collaborate, and lead effectively. About you:
- You have worked in a fast-paced software development environment before, whether at an agency or product company.
- You know how the web works and how a web app works, which means you’re aware of technical constraints when talking to clients. You don’t hesitate to ask a lot of questions in order to define the functionality of what we’re building.
- You can break down a set of wireframes into actionable tasks for back-end and front-end developers. You’re passionate about finding innovative, efficient, and effective ways to document those tasks.
- You can shepherd often-vague client requests and ideas through the definition process. You know when to rely on a product designer, but you’re comfortable thinking through logic and creating useful documentation of that logic.
- You’re able to describe workflows and tasks purely from an end user’s perspective, helping developers make informed implementation decisions.
- You’ve performed QA. You can distinguish a bug from a functional update from a new feature request. You don’t write merely good bug reports. You write better bug reports -- or, at least, that’s your goal each and every time.
- You have 2 to 6 years of professional experience in a product management role.
Project Management at Viget:
The project management team at Viget includes two roles:
- Project Managers own planning, management, and delivery of a variety of project types, including marketing sites, content sites, e-commerce sites, and custom software efforts.
- Product Managers specialize in the discovery, technical planning, management, and delivery of digital products and custom software.
Everyone at Viget:
- Embodies our core values of integrity, work ethic, collaboration, creativity, and lifelong learning.
- Values mentorship, learning, and sharing knowledge.
- Writes and speaks clearly and effectively when collaborating with teammates and clients.
- Believes in and supports our commitment to building a diverse and inclusive company.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Annual base salary of $70,000 - $100,000 (mid level) or $90,000 to $120,000 (senior) per year depending on location, skills, and experience
- Additional comp available via spot performance bonuses, sales referrals, and new hire referrals
- 401(k) retirement plan matching up to 4%
- 100% company-paid health and dental coverage for you and your family
- Stipends for wellness (apps, gyms, etc.) and connectivity (mobile phone or home internet)
- 15 days PTO (20 after 2 years), 9 paid holidays, and 2 community service days per year
- Up to $2,000/year in conference and training (professional development) budget
How to Apply:
Introduce yourself using this application form. Please attach your resume as well. Our recruiters look forward to reviewing your application.
Please note: Viget is a small company hiring with intentionality. Real humans will read your application.
We encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications and are actively seeking people from underrepresented groups to join our team.
We maintain a drug-free workplace. We are unable to offer work visa sponsorship at this time.
Viget is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace where all of us feel valued and heard. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, socioeconomic status, religion, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics. If you have any questions or need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks for your interest. We look forward to hearing from you!