Digital Project Manager
Viget is an independent digital agency that has been branding, designing, and building digital products and platforms since 1999. Our culture is ideal for lifelong learners seeking a variety of meaningful work, supportive collaboration with positive teammates, and a healthy work/life balance. We work from four sweet offices (hybrid) and remote locations throughout the U.S., and utilize a proven cadence of virtual and in-person meetings and retreats to build comradery and stay connected. We love our team.
At Viget, Digital Project Managers are much more than just project coordinators -- they’re project leaders. They work collaboratively with clients to understand organization goals, define solutions, answer hard questions, and ensure the overall quality of a project. They facilitate tasking, budget management, and day-to-day communication with clients and internal teams. They are both empathetic and results-driven, cultivating a culture of efficiency, innovation, trust and progress on their projects.
As a DPM at Viget, you’ll lead a variety of projects, including software development efforts. You’ll facilitate product design sprints, define and prioritize requirements, collaborate with our brilliant designers and developers to design and build products, support user research and testing, lead quality assurance, and celebrate thrilling launches. More than any other role at Viget, you’ll contribute to all areas of a successful project.
Here are a few examples of the kind of work you’d lead:
- redesigning the Human Rights Campaign’s website with a tested information architecture, an easy-to-edit CMS, and a brilliant new design to help HRC better demonstrate their commitment to making information and action accessible;
- overhauling the brand and technical communication for NFL Players Association using in-depth research to understand what the NFLPA truly means to players and apply those learnings via innovative development and content strategies;
- building an MVP for Project Beacon to better operationalize the COVID-19 testing process all the way from scheduling to results;
- taking a founder’s idea for Optify from concept to prototype to a well-defined product equipped with a name and brand strategy.
If these are challenges that you would thoroughly enjoy, then this job might be a fit for you.
You'll also need to communicate, collaborate, and lead effectively. Here are the things we're looking for:
- You’re a polished and persuasive communicator (without BS-ing). You consistently listen, synthesize, write, and speak better than most people.
- You were born with an awareness of and appreciation for details.
- You get made fun of by your friends because you’re “too” organized (as if THAT’S possible).
- You meet deadlines across multiple, simultaneous projects.
- You build long-term relationships with clients based on thorough planning, timely and professional communication, and intelligent problem-solving.
- You’re solution-oriented. You don’t just identify problems, you synthesize solutions.
- You’re comfortable closely managing project budgets. You can work with internal teams to manage their time within constraints, transparently communicate budget health to clients, and lead prioritization discussions to help clients understand tradeoffs and collaboratively identify solutions that work with their timelines and budgets.
- You have a "thick skin" when the going gets tough. If and when conflicting demands emerge, you communicate diplomatically to reach a resolution.
- You demonstrate integrity through your words and actions.
- You love processes and plans, but you’re flexible. You can create an effective project plan and timeline, but are comfortable enough with ambiguity to adapt the plan when things change.
You'll need to be able to work well in our technical environment. Here are things we’re looking for (note: we recognize that you may not have done all of these before, and that's okay):
- You have worked in a fast-paced software development environment before, whether at an agency or product company.
- You know how the web works and how a web app works, which means you’re aware of technical constraints when talking to clients. You don’t hesitate to ask a lot of questions in order to define the functionality of what we’re building.
- You can break down a set of wireframes into actionable tasks for back-end and front-end developers. You’re passionate about finding innovative, efficient, and effective ways to document those tasks.
- You can shepherd often-vague client requests and ideas through the definition process. You know when to rely on a UX designer, but you’re comfortable thinking through logic and creating useful documentation of that logic.
- You’re able to describe workflows and tasks purely from an end user’s perspective, helping developers make informed implementation decisions.
- You’ve performed QA. You can distinguish a bug from a functional update from a new feature request. You don’t write merely good bug reports. You write better bug reports -- or, at least, that’s your goal each and every time.
Generally, successful candidates will have between 3 and 8 years experience managing digital projects. If the role has piqued your interest and you think you’d be a fit, and don’t quite meet the requirements, we still encourage you to reach out.
Everyone at Viget:
- Embodies our core values of integrity, work ethic, collaboration, creativity, and lifelong learning.
- Values mentorship, learning, and sharing knowledge.
- Writes and speaks clearly and effectively when collaborating with teammates and clients.
- Believes in and supports our commitment to building a diverse and inclusive company.
Compensation and Benefits:
Annual base salary of $65,000 - $95,000 (mid level) or $85,000 - $115,000 (senior) per year depending on location, skills, and experience
Additional comp available via spot performance bonuses, sales referrals, and new hire referrals
401(k) retirement plan matching up to 4%
100% company-paid health and dental coverage for you and your family
Stipends for wellness (apps, gyms, etc.) and connectivity (mobile phone or home internet)
15 days PTO (20 after 2 years), 9 paid holidays, and 2 community service days per year
Up to $2,000/year in conference and training (professional development) budget
How to Apply:
Introduce yourself using this application form. Please attach your resume as well. Our recruiters look forward to reviewing your application.
Please note: Viget is a small company hiring with intentionality. Real humans will read your application.
We encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications and are actively seeking people from underrepresented groups to join our team.
We maintain a drug-free workplace. We are unable to offer work visa sponsorship at this time.
Viget is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace where all of us feel valued and heard. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, socioeconomic status, religion, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics. If you have any questions or need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks for your interest. We look forward to hearing from you!