Viget is a digital agency / software development shop headquartered in Falls Church, VA with offices in Durham, NC and Boulder, CO. In 1999, our engineer founders and their geeky dad started Viget to build software products for funded start-ups. We never wanted to just be a dev shop though -- we wanted to build great software that people really use. So, from the start, we've mixed amazing technical talent with some of the best user experience and interface designers in the business. As our team has grown (now almost 70 across all 3 offices), we've adopted our own brand of agile-inspired process, led by rock-solid project managers.
Viget has evolved over the years, and so have our clients. We still work with inspiring start-ups, which gives us great insights into the highs and lows of start-up life. We've had clients quickly become profitable, others have sold to the likes of Twitter and Facebook, and others, unfortunately, have failed to gain traction and have shut down. Having been at it for over 15 years, we've seen it all -- and that variety is part of what makes Viget such an interesting place to work.
It's not all start-ups here. We also work with major companies like the Wildlife Conservation Society, Dick's Sporting Goods, and Shure, leveraging our start-up approach to help these brands reach millions of customers around the world. This mix of clients is another big draw for our team. Projects can last anywhere from 2 weeks to 2 years, and our team members have a big say in what kinds of clients we take on (e.g., no government contracting). To get a feel for how we think and what we're learning about, check out our code and technology articles or our projects on Github.
- Have formal software development training and practical experience building web sites in Rails.
- Are creative problem-solvers in the truest sense and match that logic with hard work.
- Enjoy working with others, which is vital in our collaborative environment that balances knowledge sharing with blocks of focused, uninterrupted production time.
- Speak and write well.
- Are ravenous about learning new technologies, tackling new challenges, paying attention to details, and, ultimately, growing professionally.
- Have a firm grasp on relational database design and normalization.
- Enjoy working with distributed version control systems (git is our favorite).
- Care about best practices, including code reviews, continuous integration and deployment, and iterative development.
- Can manage their own server configuration and deployment setup in a pinch.
- Create / contribute to one or more open source projects.
- Love working alongside our award-winning design team.
- Actively participate in the local developer / technology community.
- Value mentorship, learning, and sharing knowledge.
To be considered to work at Viget, you should exhibit these characteristics, too.
At a minimum, our Developers must also:
- Have at least 2 years of professional experience developing web applications.
- Have a bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or information systems (or equivalent experience).
How to Apply:
Please send your resume, examples of your work, and a thoughtful email that includes specifics about your responsibilities and how you approach your work to: email@example.com. Please include your salary requirements.
Before you get in touch, learn more about Viget's recruiting and hiring practices by reading some of Emily's blog posts. You can get to know us better on Twitter, Flickr, Vimeo, Instagram, Facebook, and by exploring pointlesscorp.com.
Compensation is commensurate with experience. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We look forward to meeting you!