UX Strategist Apprentice
This role was offered during our Fall 2022 cohort as described below and may change in future cohorts.
Viget’s UX team covers all aspects of how a user interacts with digital products, services, and content. It's a highly multidisciplinary field. Our UX strategist apprentice will participate in all aspects of the UX process, including discovery, user research, content strategy, information architecture, and interaction design. Viget’s UX strategy apprenticeship is designed to provide practical knowledge and experience for those with some professional experience, recently graduated from a UX training course, and, in some cases, motivated self-taught individuals.
As an apprentice, you'll be part of the UX strategy team and work alongside a dedicated advisor. You’ll shadow other UX strategists, gain exposure to client projects and deliverables, contribute to projects when you’re ready, and experience the cadence and pace of a full-time job at a digital agency. Throughout the program, you'll meet regularly with your advisor to track progress on personalized learning goals.
- The program lasts 14 weeks, from September 12 to December 16.
- You must be available for the full 14 weeks and to travel for our fall TTT October 11-15. Travel costs are covered by Viget.
- Apprentices can work from home or from one of our offices, or a combination of both. Our offices are in Falls Church, VA; Durham, NC; Boulder, CO; and Chattanooga, TN.
- You are expected to work 40 hours/week (generally 9am-5pm your local time, M-F).
- Total compensation is $8,400. Apprentices do not receive health benefits.
- If working from home, you need a stable internet connection and a quiet workspace.
- Apprentices must have the permanent, legal right to work in the United States and must live in the United States.
About You (You may not be all of these things yet, and that's okay!):
- You're passionate about technology. You're the first among your friends to know about the latest trends, methods, and tools in the web and tech industries.
- You want to make technology more useful and usable. You get frustrated when things don’t work well and want to make them better.
- You ask “why” often because you like sussing out problems and aren’t afraid to ask questions. You’re driven to keep on learning; you don’t know all the answers, but you know how to find them.
- You have an innate sense for—and strong opinions about—what a good experience using a website should be about. You keep a mental list of sites you love and sites you hate.
- You’re a graduate of a bootcamp or relevant college degree program, or you’re highly self-motivated and self-taught. You’re eager to work with an advisor / mentor.
- You’re proactive and get things done. You manage your time effectively. No matter what you're doing, you take pride in your work.
- You’re a clear communicator verbally and in writing. You’re a good listener and enjoy collaborating.
What You’ll Learn:
- You’ll learn how to effectively communicate with teammates and clients, through the lens of being a consultant and problem solver at your core.
- You’ll help conduct research and discovery at the onset of a project and dive deep into a client’s industry and business challenges.
- You’ll collaborate with designers, copywriters, developers, digital analysts, and project managers to define strategies and concepts to address those challenges.
- You’ll learn how information architecture and content strategy create a foundation and structure for great design.
- You’ll use sketches, wireframes, prototypes, and other tools to explore design solutions informed by research and strategy. You’ll make sure that your solutions are usable and accessible for all.
We are no longer accepting applicants to our Fall 2022 cohort, but please feel free to send us an email to introduce yourself.
Before you get in touch, feel free to learn more about us on Twitter, Flickr, Vimeo, Instagram, and by exploring pointlesscorp.com.
Viget is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace where all of us feel valued and heard. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, socioeconomic status, religion, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics. If you have any questions or need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We maintain a drug-free workplace. We are unable to offer work visa sponsorship at this time.