Viget is a digital agency / software development shop headquartered just outside of Washington, DC, (in Falls Church, VA) with additional offices in Durham, NC, Boulder, CO, and Chattanooga, TN. We've been at it since 1999 and have earned a solid reputation as a rare firm that does both great design and development work when building digital products and marketing platforms.
Our UI Engineers work alongside industry-leading project and product managers, interface and product designers, and developers to create and build out visually rich digital experiences and compelling products. Internally, we refer to UI Engineers as Front-End Developers. For the right person, we are open to US-based remote candidates. When we consider remote candidates, we're looking for mid to senior level UI Engineers who have experience with remote collaboration.
Our teams also collaborate directly with clients that offer great variety -- from major brands like ESPN and Dick’s Sporting Goods to world-changing nonprofits like WWF and WCS to emerging startups and tech leaders like Google. Viget == variety.
Our UI Engineers:
- Find joy in building smart interfaces from comps and wireframes.
- Embody our core values of integrity, work ethic, collaboration, creativity, and lifelong learning (especially important as we continually evaluate and embrace new technologies).
- Faithfully implement design comps while providing their own touch.
- Know and use Craft, Wordpress, or other blogging/CMS platforms.
- Have general experience with server-side technology, including PHP and Ruby on Rails.
- Enjoy working with others in our collaborative environment that balances team-wide communication (e.g., daily standups, Slack discussions, code review), occasional pair programming sessions, and frequent blocks of focused, uninterrupted time for independent work.
- Speak and write well.
- Care about modern best practices, including code reviews, continuous integration and deployment, and iterative development.
- Love working alongside our award-winning design team.
- Value mentorship, learning, and sharing knowledge.
How to Apply:
Please attach your resume and submit a cover letter discussing why you want to work at Viget, and how your previous experience relates to the position described. Examples of your previous work are also much appreciated. If you're applying as a US-based remote employee, please apply to our Falls Church office and make a note in your introduction that you're applying to work remote.
Before you get in touch, feel free to learn more about Emily and Erica on Viget's People Team page. You can also get to know us better on Twitter, Flickr, Vimeo, Instagram, Facebook, and by exploring pointlesscorp.com.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Viget maintains a drug-free workplace. Please note, we are unable to offer work visa sponsorship at this time.