Viget is an independent digital agency that has been branding, designing, and building digital products and platforms since 1999. Our culture is ideal for lifelong learners seeking a variety of meaningful work, supportive collaboration with positive teammates, and a healthy work/life balance. We work from four sweet offices (hybrid) and remote locations throughout the U.S., and utilize a proven cadence of virtual and in-person meetings and retreats to build comradery and stay connected. We love our team.
As a UX Strategist at Viget you’ll help our clients research, plan, and launch complex digital experiences and compelling websites. Your work will include project discovery, user research, workshop facilitation, information architecture, content strategy methods, and low-fidelity interface design.
In between projects, we share our opinions and write about our methods.
Our UX Strategists:
- Lead teams in understanding complex systems and communicating those systems in ways that drive a better understanding of opportunities.
- Collaborate with their peers to design high quality digital experiences and websites.
- Never tire of using creative user research methods to gather critical insights about what users really need and identify strategic opportunities for our clients.
- Have an innate sense of – and strong opinion about – good usability when it comes to digital design. Are also able to clearly express their opinions in ways that build consensus.
- Understand established web standards and device affordances and are constantly educating themselves about digital design trends.
- Expertly present recommendations – to team members and clients, alike – on elements such as functionality, content, and navigation.
- Consistently meet deadlines and are considerate of clients’ project budgets and timelines.
- Take pride in listening, communicating, and collaborating exceptionally well.
To be considered to work at Viget, you should exhibit these characteristics too.
In a given week, a UX Strategist might be:
- Working with teammates to plan a productive project kickoff workshop with client stakeholders.
- Interviewing college library users to understand how they access digital library services.
- Heads down, deep in a complex spreadsheet, exploring ways to better organize site content.
- Pairing with a creative designer to define a design system for a new digital magazine.
UX Strategists must also:
- Have a degree, certification, or equivalent work experience showing aptitude with UX Design.
- Have an online portfolio or other example work you can share with us.
In terms of years of experience, we're flexible. Generally, successful candidates have at least 4 years professional experience practicing UX Strategy in-house or at a consultancy.
Design at Viget:
The design team at Viget has three roles that provide our clients with services ranging from brand strategy to product design:
- UX Strategists specialize in crafting complex marketing sites, content sites, and e-commerce sites.
- Product Designers specialize in creating compelling digital products.
- Creative Designers specialize in making visually-rich experiences and sites for brands.
Everyone at Viget:
- Embodies our core values of integrity, work ethic, collaboration, creativity, and lifelong learning.
- Values mentorship, learning, and sharing knowledge.
- Writes and speaks clearly and effectively when collaborating with teammates and clients.
- Believes in and supports our commitment to building a diverse and inclusive company.
Compensation and Benefits:
Annual base salary of $70,000 - $100,000 (mid level) or $90,000 - $120,000 (senior level) per year depending on location, skills, and experience
Additional comp available via spot performance bonuses, sales referrals, and new hire referrals
401(k) retirement plan matching up to 4%
100% company-paid health and dental coverage for you and your family
Stipends for wellness (apps, gyms, etc.) and connectivity (mobile phone or home internet)
15 days PTO (20 after 2 years), 9 paid holidays, and 2 community service days per year
Up to $2,000/year in conference and training (professional development) budget
How to Apply:
Introduce yourself using this application form. One of our recruiters will respond typically within a day or two.
Please attach your resume and submit a cover letter discussing why you want to work at Viget, and how your previous experience relates to the position described. Examples of your previous work are also much appreciated. We encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications and are actively seeking people from underrepresented groups to join our team.
We maintain a drug-free workplace. We are unable to offer work visa sponsorship at this time.
Viget is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace where all of us feel valued and heard. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, socioeconomic status, religion, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics. If you have any questions or need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email email@example.com.
Washington DC Metro
Our headquarters is minutes from DC in Falls Church, VA.
The Durham office is centrally located in a growing city with a thriving culture.
One of the nation’s tech capitals, Boulder attracts some of the brightest talent around.
Our newest office location is known for its charm and a booming tech scene.
Remote, USAWe’ve had distributed teams for years, but now we’re more remote-friendly than ever: work from home, from the office, or a combination.Learn More
Thanks for your interest. We look forward to hearing from you!