Viget is an independent digital agency that has been branding, designing, and building digital products and platforms since 1999. Our culture is ideal for lifelong learners seeking a variety of meaningful work, supportive collaboration with positive teammates, and a healthy work/life balance. We work from four sweet offices (hybrid) and remote locations throughout the U.S., and utilize a proven cadence of virtual and in-person meetings and retreats to build comradery and stay connected. We love our team.
As a Product Designer at Viget you’ll help our clients concept, design, and launch complex digital experiences and compelling products. Your work will include all aspects of the design process including research, explorations, prototyping, and visual design. Our Product Designers work alongside industry-leading copywriters, researchers, project managers, and developers. In between projects, we share our opinions and write about our methods.
Our Product Designers:
- Work side-by-side with clients and Viget teammates to design high-quality digital products and experiences.
- Use creative user research methods and available data to inform design decisions and evaluate the effectiveness of those designs.
- Design high-quality, thoughtful interfaces that balance aesthetics and usability.
- Use prototyping tools to communicate complex interactive design ideas when appropriate.
- Are knowledgeable about accessibility and the impact design decisions have in making products usable for everyone.
- Are familiar with the possibilities and limitations of modern development approaches including web applications, client-side applications, and native mobile applications.
- Can clearly communicate recommendations to clients and teammates on product direction, design, functionality, and usability.
- Enjoy working with agile development teams on software applications, and helping clients focus on realistic deliverables.
- Consistently meet deadlines and are considerate of clients’ project budgets and timelines.
- Take pride in listening, communicating, and collaborating exceptionally well.
To be considered to work at Viget, you should exhibit these characteristics, too.
In a given week, our Product Designers might be:
- Facilitating a workshop with the client’s team, helping them evaluate which product concepts to build.
- Creating screen designs and flows for a complex new feature.
- Whiteboarding with the rest of the project team (project manager, developers) to plan out work for the week.
- Evaluating the usability of a proposed feature by testing a prototype with users.
Product Designers must also:
- Have an online portfolio or other example work you can share with us.
- Have a degree, certification, or equivalent work experience showing aptitude with digital product design.
UX and Design at Viget:
Different roles at Viget provide expertise in various areas within UX and Design:
UX Strategists specialize in researching and planning business-critical marketing sites, content sites, and e-commerce sites. UX Content Strategists are experts in defining and creating content strategies and branded content that elevates these experiences.
Visual (UI) Designers specialize in delivering creative, visually-rich, highly-polished experiences, websites, and content systems for brands and organizations.
Product Designers specialize in defining, designing and improving complex application interfaces for digital products and mobile apps.
UX Researchers specialize in planning, executing, and interpreting the research that supports our clients’ products and websites regardless of where they are in their lifecycle.
Everyone at Viget:
- Embodies our core values of integrity, work ethic, collaboration, creativity, and lifelong learning.
- Values mentorship, learning, and sharing knowledge.
- Writes and speaks clearly and effectively when collaborating with teammates and clients.
- Believes in and supports our commitment to building a diverse and inclusive company.
Compensation and Benefits:
Annual base salary of $75,000 - $105,000 (mid level) or $95,000 to $125,000 (senior) per year depending on location, skills, and experience
Additional comp available via spot performance bonuses, sales referrals, and new hire referrals
401(k) retirement plan matching up to 4%
100% company-paid health and dental coverage for you and your family
Stipends for wellness (apps, gyms, etc.) and connectivity (mobile phone or home internet)
15 days PTO (20 after 2 years), 9 paid holidays, and 2 community service days per year
Up to $2,000/year in conference and training (professional development) budget
How to Apply:
Introduce yourself using this application form. One of our recruiters will respond typically within a day or two.
Please attach your resume and submit a cover letter discussing why you want to work at Viget, and how your previous experience relates to the position described. Examples of your previous work are also much appreciated. We encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications and are actively seeking people from underrepresented groups to join our team.
We maintain a drug-free workplace. We are unable to offer work visa sponsorship at this time.
Viget is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace where all of us feel valued and heard. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, socioeconomic status, religion, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics. If you have any questions or need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email email@example.com.
Thanks for your interest. We look forward to hearing from you!