Viget is a digital agency / software development shop headquartered just outside of Washington, DC, (in Falls Church, VA) with additional offices in Durham, NC, Boulder, CO, and Chattanooga, TN. We've been at it since 1999 and have earned a solid reputation as a rare firm that does both great design and development work when building digital products and marketing platforms.
Our Front-End Developers work alongside industry-leading project and product managers, interface and product designers, and developers to create and build out visually rich digital experiences and compelling products. For the right person, we are open to US-based remote candidates. When we consider remote candidates, we're looking for mid to senior level Front-End Developers who have experience with remote collaboration.
Our teams also collaborate directly with clients that offer great variety -- from major brands like ESPN and Dick’s Sporting Goods to world-changing nonprofits like WWF and WCS to emerging startups and tech leaders like Google. Viget == variety.
Our Front-End Developers:
- Find joy in building smart interfaces from comps and wireframes.
- Embody our core values of integrity, work ethic, collaboration, creativity, and lifelong learning (especially important as we continually evaluate and embrace new technologies).
- Faithfully implement design comps while providing their own touch.
- Know and use Craft, WordPress, or other blogging/CMS platforms.
- Have general experience with server-side technology, including PHP and Ruby on Rails.
- Enjoy working with others in our collaborative environment that balances team-wide communication (e.g., daily standups, Slack discussions, code review), occasional pair programming sessions, and frequent blocks of focused, uninterrupted time for independent work.
- Speak and write well.
- Care about modern best practices, including code reviews, continuous integration and deployment, and iterative development.
- Love working alongside our award-winning design team.
- Value mentorship, learning, and sharing knowledge.
How to Apply:
Please attach your resume and submit a cover letter discussing why you want to work at Viget, and how your previous experience relates to the position described. Examples of your previous work are also much appreciated.
Before you get in touch, feel free to learn more about Erica and Margaret on Viget's People Team. You can also get to know us better on Twitter, Flickr, Vimeo, Instagram, Facebook, and by exploring pointlesscorp.com.
We maintain a drug-free workplace. We are unable to offer work visa sponsorship at this time.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and we’re committed to creating an inclusive workplace. In order to meet the diverse needs of our clients and make the digital world better for everyone, we seek to expand the diversity of our team. We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. If you are a person with a disability and require accommodations or assistance during the application process, please email email@example.com.