Viget is a digital agency / software development shop headquartered in Falls Church, VA with offices in Durham, NC and Boulder, CO. We've been at it since 1999 and have earned a reputation as a rare firm that does both great design and development work when building award-winning websites and digital products.
Viget’s analytics team uses data to drive and improve the strategies behind dynamic brands, respected nonprofits, and startups. We are looking for an experienced digital analyst who can plan measurement strategies, lead discussions with current and prospective clients, implement complex analytics setups, and communicate data-driven insights.
As a Digital Analyst at Viget, you will:
- help organizations become more data driven;
- influence the design, information architecture, and inbound marketing for digital properties that millions of people use;
- and implement measurement technology in ways that respect users and their privacy.
Viget’s analytics team recognizes that data is not an end unto itself; rather, data explains illuminates actions we can take to improve experiences for users and outcomes for brands. For our latest insights and opinions, check out our blog posts from Paul, Mitch, Albert, and Aakash.
You'd be a great fit if you:
- Have at least 2 years of professional experience working with Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager. You know them inside and out and understand their strengths and caveats.
- Maintain an active Google Analytics Individual Qualification.
- Use Excel and Google Sheets like they are second nature.
- Can cite strong examples and outcomes of past work in analytics strategy, implementation, analysis, and split testing.
- Possess strong analytical chops paired with superb written and oral communication. You can perform quantitative analysis of data and present your findings clearly and concisely. Whether it’s statistics or grammar, you do it correctly.
- Build rapport with team members and clients alike. People like working with you and want you on their team.
- Have a sound understanding of the disciplines you will help influence, from user experience design to development to marketing efforts.
- Have the ability to self-manage, stay organized, and handle several projects at once without anything slipping through the cracks.
- Push your clients, rather than the other way around. You don’t wait to be assigned tasks, but instead proactively think of ways to keep improving internal processes and external work.
- Are results-focused and action-oriented. You are committed to achieving higher conversion rates for your clients.
- Demonstrate cutting-edge industry knowledge. While you are learned, you are also a learner. You are excited — rather than intimidated — by an always evolving and somewhat unpredictable digital future. You are willing to adapt and grow.
- Have strong opinions, the ability to back up your positions, but also the willingness to learn from others and reach compromises.
- Enjoy sharing your knowledge through articles, meetups, and public speaking.
- Are a person of integrity who wants to work hard and be a part of an awesome company.
Ideally, you will also:
- Have experience analyzing data using Python or R.
- Have experience using one or more other analytics tools, such as Google Optimize, Optimizely, VWO, Tealium, Adobe Analytics/DTM, Mixpanel, Tableau, BigQuery, Crazy Egg, and Clicktale.
- Have a minimum of a B.S. or B.A.
How to Apply:
Please attach your resume and submit a cover letter discussing why you want to work at Viget, and how your previous experience relates to the position described. Examples of your previous work are also much appreciated.
Before you get in touch, feel free to learn more about Emily and Erica on Viget's People Team page. You can also get to know us better on Twitter, Flickr, Vimeo, Instagram, Facebook, and by exploring pointlesscorp.com.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Viget maintains a drug-free workplace. Please note, we are unable to offer work visa sponsorship at this time.