Viget is a digital agency / software development shop headquartered just outside of Washington, DC, (in Falls Church, VA) with additional offices in Durham, NC, Boulder, CO, and Chattanooga, TN. We've been at it since 1999 and have earned a solid reputation as a rare firm that does both great design and development work when building digital products and marketing platforms.
At Viget, digital analysts propel the strategies behind digital products, content, and marketing. Analysts collect data, produce insights through rigorous analysis, and generate compelling recommendations. Their findings improve clients’ businesses and users’ experiences.
As a digital analyst, you will:
- collaborate closely with internal, cross-discipline project teams and client stakeholders, helping them use data to make effective decisions;
- configure analytics on newly launching products and sites;
- analyze data from clickstream tools, user surveys, CRM, and public data sets;
- audit new clients’ analytics setups, fixing issues with data collection and reporting;
- align the client team on project goals, site strategies, and KPIs;
- optimize our work through periodic analysis and split testing.
The ideal candidate has a mix of strong Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager technical skills, paired with an ability to produce thoughtful, data-informed insights.
You'd be a great fit if you:
- Have at least 2 years’ professional experience working with Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager. You know them inside and out and understand their strengths and caveats.
- Have a consultant mindset. You know how to build authentic relationships with clients. They value you as a trusted, credible, reliable advisor.
- Pair strong analytical chops with superb written and oral communication. You can perform quantitative analysis of data and present your findings clearly and concisely. Whether it’s statistics or grammar, you do it correctly.
- Use spreadsheets efficiently and effectively for data analysis.
- Can cite examples of how your data insights have driven measurable KPI improvements.
- Build rapport with team members and clients alike. People like working with you and want you on their team.
- Have a sound understanding of the disciplines you will help influence — from product design to development to marketing efforts.
- Have the ability to self-manage, stay organized, and handle several projects at once without anything slipping through the cracks.
- Push your clients, rather than the other way around. You don’t wait to be assigned tasks, but instead proactively think of ways to keep improving internal processes and external work.
- Have strong opinions, the ability to back up your positions, but also the willingness to learn from others and reach compromises.
- Know when to work with ambiguity, and when to press for details and clarity.
- Maintain an active Google Analytics Individual Qualification.
Bonus points if you have experience using:
- tools such as Snowplow, Mixpanel, or Heap;
- BI tools such as Data Studio, Looker, PowerBI, Tableau, or Alteryx.
Python or R for data analysis;
- AWS, GCP, or data engineering tools;
- tools for surveying and user research.
How to Apply:
Please attach your resume and submit a cover letter discussing why you want to work at Viget, and how your previous experience relates to the position described. Examples of your previous work are also much appreciated.
Before you get in touch, feel free to learn more about Emily, Erica, and Margaret on Viget's People Team. You can also get to know us better on Twitter, Flickr, Vimeo, Instagram, Facebook, and by exploring pointlesscorp.com.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Viget maintains a drug-free workplace. Please note, we are unable to offer work visa sponsorship at this time.