Viget is a digital agency / software development shop headquartered just outside of Washington, DC, (in Falls Church, VA) with additional offices in Durham, NC, Boulder, CO, and Chattanooga, TN. We've been at it since 1999 and have earned a solid reputation as a rare firm that does both great design and development work when building digital products and marketing platforms.
Our teams also collaborate directly with clients that offer great variety -- from major brands like ESPN and Dick’s Sporting Goods to world-changing nonprofits like WWF and WCS to emerging startups and tech leaders like Google. Viget == variety.
Our Application Developers:
- Have formal software development training and/or practical experience building web applications in Ruby on Rails, Python / Django, or similar frameworks.
- Embody our core values of integrity, work ethic, collaboration, creativity, and lifelong learning (especially important as we continually evaluate and embrace new technologies).
- Enjoy working in our collaborative environment that balances team-wide communication (e.g., daily stand-ups, Slack discussions, code review), occasional pair programming sessions, and frequent blocks of focused, uninterrupted work time for independent work.
- Speak and write well.
- Have a firm grasp on relational database design and normalization.
- Enjoy working with distributed version control systems (git is our favorite).
- Care about modern best practices, including code reviews, continuous integration and deployment, and iterative development.
- Can manage their own server configuration and deployment setup in a pinch.
- Love working alongside our award-winning design team.
- Actively participate in the developer / technology community by contributing to open source projects, attending (and in some cases speaking at) events, and/or writing articles.
- Value mentorship, learning, and sharing knowledge.
To be considered to work at Viget, you should exhibit these characteristics, too.
Everyone at Viget:
- Embodies our core values of integrity, work ethic, collaboration, creativity, and lifelong learning.
- Values mentorship, learning, and sharing knowledge.
- Writes and speaks clearly and effectively when collaborating with teammates and clients.
- Believes in and supports our commitment to building a diverse and inclusive company.
How to Apply:
Introduce yourself using this application form. Our recruiter, Katie, will respond typically within a day or two.
Please attach your resume and submit a cover letter discussing why you want to work at Viget, and how your previous experience relates to the position described. Examples of your previous work are also much appreciated. We encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications and are actively seeking people from underrepresented groups to join our team.
Before you get in touch, feel free to learn more about Katie on Viget's People Team. You can also get to know us better on Twitter, Flickr, Vimeo, Instagram, Facebook, and by exploring pointlesscorp.com.
We maintain a drug-free workplace. We are unable to offer work visa sponsorship at this time.
Viget is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace where all of us feel valued and heard. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, socioeconomic status, religion, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics. If you have any questions or need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email email@example.com.
Washington DC Metro
Our headquarters is minutes from DC in Falls Church, VA.
The Durham office is centrally located in a growing city with a thriving culture.
One of the nation’s tech capitals, Boulder attracts some of the brightest talent around.
Our newest office location is known for its charm and a booming tech scene.
Remote, USAWe’ve had distributed teams for years, but now we’re more remote-friendly than ever: work from home, from the office, or a combination.Learn More
Meet the team.
Thanks for your interest. We look forward to hearing from you!