Viget is a digital agency / software development shop headquartered just outside of Washington, DC, (in Falls Church, VA) with additional offices in Durham, NC, Boulder, CO, and Chattanooga, TN. We've been at it since 1999 and have earned a solid reputation as a rare firm that does both great design and development work when building digital products and marketing platforms.
UX Researchers at Viget help our clients connect with their users and explore their users’ experiences, motivations, and behaviors. These insights inform how we design and build digital experiences and products. Our research work includes all aspects of the research process including study design, data collection, and synthesis. We work alongside industry-leading designers, data analysts, project managers, and developers.
In between projects, we share our opinions and write about our methods.
Our UX Researchers:
- Design and execute research studies integrating a variety of qualitative methods such as interviews, observation, usability testing, card sorting, and surveys.
- Conduct research at different stages of the design process — from leading initial product discovery to validating design solutions.
- Synthesize findings and articulate insights in a compelling and actionable way.
- Undertake associated research tasks such as recruiting and scheduling participants, producing materials, and managing tools.
- Work side-by-side with clients and Viget teammates to generate and evaluate designs and product concepts.
- Work flexibly and efficiently, exercising a balance between research rigor and speed.
- Provide a multidisciplinary team with data that can help inform and inspire their work.
- Consistently meet deadlines and are considerate of clients’ project budgets and timelines.
- Take pride in listening, communicating, and collaborating exceptionally well.
To be considered to work at Viget, you should exhibit these characteristics, too.
In a given week, our UX Researchers might be:
- Working with clients to define research questions and goals for an upcoming study.
- Interviewing online shoppers to understand how they use bargain sites to get the best deal on a purchase.
- Evaluating the usability of a proposed feature for an email marketing platform by testing a prototype with users.
- Sharing insights and ideating on product concepts with teammates.
UX Researchers must also:
- Have example work you can share with us to illustrate how you approach the research process, preferably in an online portfolio.
- Have a degree, certification, or equivalent work experience showing aptitude with UX research.
How to Apply:
Please attach your resume and submit a cover letter discussing why you want to work at Viget, and how your previous experience relates to the position described. Examples of your previous work are also much appreciated.
Before you get in touch, feel free to learn more about Emily, Erica, and Margaret on Viget's People Team. You can also get to know us better on Twitter, Flickr, Vimeo, Instagram, Facebook, and by exploring pointlesscorp.com.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Viget maintains a drug-free workplace. Please note, we are unable to offer work visa sponsorship at this time.