UX Researcher Apprentice
At Viget, UX Researchers produce compelling insights and recommendations that result from rigorous analysis. Their findings improve clients’ products and users’ experiences. They embrace a mixed-methods mindset and work as part of collaborative, multidisciplinary teams to shape digital products and experiences.
As an apprentice, you'll participate in all aspects of the UX research process, including study design, data collection, and synthesis. You'll work alongside a dedicated advisor and gain valuable exposure to client projects and deliverables, join meetings, and experience client presentations. And, throughout the program, you'll meet regularly with your advisor to identify and make progress on personalized learning goals.
- The program lasts 10 weeks, from September 11 to November 17. You must be available for the full 10 weeks.
- This is a hybrid position. The apprenticeship program is offered at all four of our office locations (Falls Church, VA; Durham, NC; Chattanooga, TN; and Boulder, CO) with flexibility to WFH (Work From Home) some of the time. Relocation is not provided.
- You are expected to work 40 hours/week (generally 9am-5pm your local time, M-F).
- Total compensation is $6,000. Apprentices do not receive health benefits.
- When working from home, you need a stable internet connection and a quiet workspace.
- Apprentices must have the permanent, legal right to work in the United States and must live in the United States.
About You (You may not be all of these things yet, and that's okay!)
- You have some professional, post-collegiate experience in a design- or research-related field, or you’ve recently graduated from a UX training course.
- You’ll never tire of talking to real users and customers in order to effectively solve problems.
- You enjoy diving into project details and working with teammates to define a research plan.
- You’re familiar with qualitative research methods.
- You synthesize findings well and articulate insights in a compelling way.
- You're passionate about technology. You're eager to know about the latest trends, methods, and tools in the web and tech industries.
- You get things done. No matter what you're doing, you take pride in your work. You enjoy responsibility and you know that real effort pays off daily.
- You also take pride in listening, communicating, and collaborating exceptionally well.
- You are a graduate of a bootcamp or relevant college degree program, or you’re highly self-motivated and self-taught. You’re eager to work with an advisor / mentor.
- You are proactive and get things done. You manage your time effectively. No matter what you're doing, you take pride in your work.
- You are a clear communicator verbally and in writing. You’re a good listener and enjoy collaborating.
What You’ll Learn
- You’ll learn how to effectively communicate with teammates and clients, through the lens of being a consultant and problem solver at your core.
- You'll gain experience with conducting research at different stages of the design process — from initial product discovery to design solution validation.
- You'll learn how to articulate insights in a compelling and actionable way that helps your teammates understand what the data means and how it should influence the project.
- Best of all, you’ll work alongside multi-disciplinary teams to produce amazing digital products and platforms.
How to Apply
We are no longer accepting applications for our Fall 2023 apprenticeship. If you’re interested in hearing more about Viget and being notified when applications open next June for our Fall 2024 cohort, sign up for our newsletter.
Viget is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace where all of us feel valued and heard. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, socioeconomic status, religion, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics. If you have any questions or need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We maintain a drug-free workplace. We are unable to offer work visa sponsorship at this time.