We are no longer accepting applicants to our Winter 2020 cohort.
Viget’s UX Researchers help clients understand their users' experiences, motivations, and behaviors. We use this understanding to design digital products and experiences for clients that range from early-stage startups to established nonprofits and for-profits. When we can, we also share our opinions and write about our methods.
As an apprentice, you'll participate in all aspects of the UX research process, including study design, data collection, and synthesis. You'll work alongside a dedicated mentor and contribute to client projects and deliverables, join meetings and experience client presentations and design consultations. And, throughout the program, you'll meet regularly with your mentor to identify and make progress on personalized learning goals.
- The UX Researcher Apprenticeship is offered in our Durham, NC, office.
- The apprenticeship lasts 10 weeks, from January 21 to March 27, 2020.
- Apprentices are expected to work 40 hours/week (9-5, M-F, but we can be flexible).
- Total compensation of $6,000.
- Relocation is not provided.
- You must have the permanent, legal right to work in the US. We do not sponsor visas.
About You (You may not be all of these things yet, and that's okay!):
- You have some professional, post-collegiate experience in a design- or research-related field, or you’ve recently graduated a UX training course.
- You’ll never tire of talking to real users and customers in order to effectively solve problems.
- You enjoy diving into technical details and and working with teammates to define a research plan.
- You’re familiar with qualitative and quantitative research methods.
- You synthesize findings well and articulate insights in a compelling way.
- You're passionate about technology. You're eager to know about the latest trends, methods, and tools in the web and tech industries.
- You get things done. No matter what you're doing, you take pride in your work. You enjoy responsibility and you know that real effort pays off daily.
- You also take pride in listening, communicating, and collaborating exceptionally well.
What You’ll Learn:
- You’ll learn how to effectively communicate with clients, through the lens of being a consultant and problem solver at your core.
- You’ll help conduct discovery efforts at the onset of a project and dive deep into a client’s industry and business challenges.
- You’ll collaborate with designers, developers, digital analysts, and project managers to define strategies and concepts to address those challenges. Often, you’ll be the one to identify these challenges, too.
- You'll help determine the research methodology best suited to the project and learn how to lead the execution of those methods.
- Best of all, you’ll work alongside multi-disciplinary teams to produce amazing digital products and platforms.
How to Apply:
Please use the form below to introduce yourself. We ask that everyone attach their resume and submit a thoughtful cover letter, which we hope will include specifics about how your previous experience relates to the position description and why you want to work at Viget. The form goes directly to Margaret, so feel free to write it as an email to her. She will reply as soon as possible. Examples of your previous work are also much appreciated.
Before you get in touch, feel free to learn more about Emily and Margaret on Viget's People Team. You can also get to know us better on Twitter, Flickr, Vimeo, Instagram, Facebook, and by exploring pointlesscorp.com.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Viget maintains a drug-free workplace. Please note, we are unable to offer work visa sponsorship at this time.