Viget’s UX Researchers help clients understand their users' experiences, motivations, and behaviors. We use this understanding to design digital products and experiences for clients that range from early-stage startups to established nonprofits and for-profits. When we can, we also share our opinions and write about our methods.
As an apprentice, you'll participate in all aspects of the UX research process, including study design, data collection, and synthesis. You'll work alongside a dedicated advisor and gain valuable exposure to client projects and deliverables, join meetings, and experience client presentations and design consultations. And, throughout the program, you'll meet regularly with your advisor to identify and make progress on personalized learning goals.
- The UX Researcher Apprenticeship is offered as a remote position this year for US-based candidates.
- The apprenticeship lasts 10 weeks, from September 14 to November 20, 2020.
- Apprentices are expected to work 40 hours/week (9-5, M-F, but we can be flexible).
- Total compensation of $6,000.
- You must have the permanent, legal right to work in the US. We are unable to offer work visa sponsorship at this time.
About You (You may not be all of these things yet, and that's okay!):
- You have some professional, post-collegiate experience in a design- or research-related field, or you’ve recently graduated from a UX training course.
- You’ll never tire of talking to real users and customers in order to effectively solve problems.
- You enjoy diving into project details and working with teammates to define a research plan.
- You’re familiar with qualitative and quantitative research methods.
- You synthesize findings well and articulate insights in a compelling way.
- You're passionate about technology. You're eager to know about the latest trends, methods, and tools in the web and tech industries.
- You get things done. No matter what you're doing, you take pride in your work. You enjoy responsibility and you know that real effort pays off daily.
- You also take pride in listening, communicating, and collaborating exceptionally well.
What You’ll Learn:
- You’ll learn how to effectively communicate with teammates and clients, through the lens of being a consultant and problem solver at your core.
- You’ll collaborate with designers, developers, digital analysts, and project managers to define strategies and concepts to address those challenges. Often, you’ll be the one to identify these challenges, too.
- You'll help determine the research methodology best suited to the project and learn how to lead the execution of those methods.
- Best of all, you’ll work alongside multi-disciplinary teams to produce amazing digital products and platforms.
How to Apply:
Please use the form below to introduce yourself. We ask that everyone attach their resume and submit a thoughtful cover letter, which we hope will include specifics about your interest in the Viget Apprenticeship program and how your previous experience and career goals relate to the position described. The form goes directly to Margaret, so feel free to write it as an email to her. She will reply as soon as possible. Examples of your previous work are also much appreciated. Note: If you're interested in more than one Apprenticeship role, you only need to submit one application. You'll have a chance to let us know later on if you'd like to be considered for more than one role.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and we’re committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We value the new perspectives and contributions of each person who joins Viget. In order to meet the diverse needs of our clients and make the digital world better for everyone, we seek to expand the diversity of our team. We designed the Viget Apprenticeship to accelerate the professional development of career-changers and individuals early in their careers, and we encourage people from underrepresented groups in particular to apply.
Before you get in touch, feel free to learn more about Emily and Margaret on Viget's People Team. You can also get to know us better on Twitter, Flickr, Vimeo, Instagram, Facebook, and by exploring pointlesscorp.com.
We maintain a drug-free workplace. We are unable to offer work visa sponsorship at this time.