Product Strategist Apprentice
At Viget, Product Strategists are experts in launching new product ventures and growing product businesses. They work with clients to discover high-value customer problems, analyze the market for competitive differentiation, and define product visions and business goals. As our Product Strategist Apprentice, you’ll gain exposure to entrepreneurs looking to launch their MVP, funded product startups growing their business, and established enterprises looking to innovate.
Viget’s Product Strategist Apprenticeship is designed to provide practical knowledge and experience for those with some professional experience; recent graduates of a bootcamp, training course, or 4-year degree program; and, in some cases, motivated self-taught individuals.
As an apprentice, you'll be part of the Product Team and work alongside a dedicated advisor. You’ll shadow other team members, gain exposure to client projects and deliverables, contribute to projects when you’re ready, and experience the cadence and pace of a full-time job at a digital agency. Throughout the program, you'll meet regularly with your advisor to track progress on personalized learning goals.
- The program lasts 14 weeks, from September 12 to December 16.
- You must be available for the full 14 weeks and to travel for our fall TTT October 11-15. Travel costs are covered by Viget.
- Apprentices can work from home or from one of our offices, or a combination of both. Our offices are in Falls Church, VA; Durham, NC; Boulder, CO; and Chattanooga, TN.
- You are expected to work 40 hours/week (generally 9am-5pm your local time, M-F).
- Total compensation is $8,400. Apprentices do not receive health benefits.
- If working from home, you need a stable internet connection and a quiet workspace.
- Apprentices must have the permanent, legal right to work in the United States and must live in the United States.
About You (You may not be all of these things yet, and that's okay!):
- You are eager to learn across disciplines. You’d enjoy working alongside product managers and product designers, to learn how we produce quality digital products and software.
- You are known for asking smart questions and creating clarity out of ambiguous problem spaces.
- You're passionate about technology. You're the first among your friends to know about the latest trends, methods, and tools in the web and tech industries.
- You are a graduate of a bootcamp or relevant college degree program, or you’re highly self-motivated and self-taught. You’re eager to work with an advisor / mentor.
You are proactive and get things done. You manage your time effectively. No matter what you're doing, you take pride in your work.
You are a clear communicator verbally and in writing. You’re a good listener and enjoy collaborating.
What You’ll Learn:
- How to think like a product strategist: you’ll get introduced to key product-world thinkers and practices including product and customer discovery (Marty Cagan, Teresa Torres, Cindy Alvarez, Melissa Peri); business strategy and innovation (Strategyzer, Clayton Christensen, Michael Porter); Lean Startup (Eric Ries); product-led growth (Wes Bush, Todd Olson); and Product Marketing (Martina Lauchengco).
- How to work with clients: how to unpack their business challenges, and unlock their own strategic imagination while also contributing your own.
- How to work with makers: what does it mean to be a maker? How can we help product managers and product designers do their best work?
- How to solve problems: big problems, small problems, tech problems, people problems—you will learn how to find solutions.
- Your own talents in our industry: where do you make your most positive impact? Which part of creating digital products do you love most? Maybe it’s being a Product Strategist. Maybe it’s something else. After 14 weeks, you’ll know.
- The value of close mentorship: you will closely shadow a full-time Product Strategist, learning the day-to-day nuances of the Project Strategy role and agency life.
How to Get in Touch:
We are no longer accepting applicants to our Fall 2022 cohort, but please feel free to send us an email to introduce yourself.
Viget is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace where all of us feel valued and heard. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, socioeconomic status, religion, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics. If you have any questions or need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We maintain a drug-free workplace. We are unable to offer work visa sponsorship at this time.