Digital Project Manager Apprentice
Viget is a digital agency that has been branding, design, and building products and platforms since 1999. We partner with clients (like Project Beacon, Stern Pinball, and HRC) to build digital products. Sometimes those products are apps, and sometimes they’re websites. Our software developers, designers, and other talented Internet-builders create these products, but they can’t do it alone. They rely on talented leaders to hatch a plan, anticipate challenges, help solve problems, keep everyone collaborating effectively, and serve as the central point of communication. And those people are called Digital Project Managers (DPMs).
Our apprentice will work closely with our Project Management Team to learn about working with clients and leading a variety of projects from kickoff through to the celebratory finish line. Viget’s Digital Project Manager apprenticeship is designed to provide practical knowledge and experience for recent graduates of a code school or bootcamp, 4-year degree program, and, in some cases, motivated self-taught individuals.
As an apprentice, you'll be part of the Project Management Team and work alongside a dedicated advisor. You’ll shadow other DPMs, gain exposure to client projects and deliverables, contribute to projects when you’re ready, and experience the cadence and pace of a full-time job at a digital agency. Throughout the program, you'll meet regularly with your advisor to track progress on personalized learning goals.
- The program lasts 10 weeks, from September 11 to November 17. You must be available for the full 10 weeks.
- This is a hybrid position. The apprenticeship program is offered at all four of our office locations (Falls Church, VA; Durham, NC; Chattanooga, TN; and Boulder, CO) with flexibility to WFH (Work From Home) some of the time. Relocation is not provided.
- You are expected to work 40 hours/week (generally 9am-5pm your local time, M-F).
- Total compensation is $6,000. Apprentices do not receive health benefits.
- When working from home, you need a stable internet connection and a quiet workspace.
- Apprentices must have the permanent, legal right to work in the United States and must live in the United States.
About You (You may not be all of these things yet, and that's okay!)
- You are eager to learn across disciplines. You’d enjoy working alongside developers, user experience strategists, and designers to learn how we produce quality digital products and software.
- You are known for your organizational prowess. You have an awareness of and appreciation for details.
- You're passionate about technology. You're the first among your friends to know about the latest trends, methods, and tools in the web and tech industries.
- You’re a graduate of a bootcamp or relevant college degree program, or you’re highly self-motivated and self-taught. You’re eager to work with an advisor / mentor.
- You’re proactive and get things done. You manage your time effectively. No matter what you're doing, you take pride in your work.
- You’re a clear communicator verbally and in writing. You’re a good listener and enjoy collaborating.
What You’ll Learn
- How the tech you love actually works: what needs to happen to create websites and digital products?
- How to work with clients: who are clients anyway? How can we communicate with, teach, and work with them to create quality, purposeful digital products that solves their problems?
- How to select and champion project management methodologies: when is the best time to create an agile team? How do you plan sprints, retros, and write user stories?
- How to work with makers: what does it mean to be a maker? How can we help strategists, developers, and designers do their best work?
- How to solve problems: big problems, small problems, tech problems, people problems—you will learn how to find solutions and make decisions that set the vision, tone, and pace of projects.
- Your own talents in our industry: where do you make your most positive impact? Which part of Internet-building do you love most? Maybe it’s being a Project Manager. Maybe it’s something else. After 14 weeks, you’ll know.
- The value of close mentorship: you will closely shadow a full-time Project Manager, learning the day-to-day nuances of the Project Manager role and agency life.
How to Apply
We are no longer accepting applications for our Fall 2023 apprenticeship. If you’re interested in hearing more about Viget and being notified when applications open next June for our Fall 2024 cohort, sign up for our newsletter.
Viget is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace where all of us feel valued and heard. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, socioeconomic status, religion, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics. If you have any questions or need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We maintain a drug-free workplace. We are unable to offer work visa sponsorship at this time.
Meet the team.
Stephanie Fois Senior Project Manager
Steven Hascher Senior Project Manager
Grace Canfield Project Management Director
Kelly Kenny Vice President of Client Services
Pascale Georges Project Management Director
Lauren Sheridan Project Manager
Carolyn Hack Senior Project Manager
Tommy Ball Project Manager