Viget is a digital agency and a software development shop. We partner with clients (like World Wildlife Fund and ESPN) to build digital products. Sometimes those products are websites, and sometimes they’re apps. Our software developers, designers, and other talented Internet-builders create these products, but they can’t do it alone. They rely on talented leaders to hatch a plan, anticipate challenges, help solve problems, keep everyone collaborating effectively, and serve as the central point of communication. And those people are called Digital Project Managers (DPMs).
The Digital Project Manager Apprenticeship brings smart, tech-savvy, people-savvy professionals into the career they were born for, but might not have known was waiting for them. You'll go through an initial intensive training period with a dedicated mentor, learning the skills and knowledge you need to run digital projects. Over time, you’ll contribute to client projects and deliverables with increasing levels of autonomy.
- The Digital Project Manager Apprenticeship is offered in Falls Church, VA and Durham, NC.
- The apprenticeship lasts 10 weeks, from September 10 - November 16. Apply by July 27.
- Apprentices are expected to work 40 hours/week (9-5, M-F, but we can be flexible).
- Total compensation of $6,000.
- Relocation is not provided.
- You must have the permanent, legal right to work in the US. We do not sponsor visas.
- You love the Internet and are excited about the tech industry.
- You’re smart. You ask a lot of questions and enjoy learning new things. People like teaching you because of your enthusiasm and aptitude for learning.
- You’re very organized and love to get things done.
- You’re a strong communicator, both in writing and in person. You’re able to help a group of people understand each other.
- You’re a proactive collaborator, and you bring exceptional emotional intelligence to all your interaction.
- You have a knack for reading situations and de-escalating tension.
- You like a challenge and take pride in your work. Everyone knows you’re a hard worker and always reliable.
- When confronted with a new, unfamiliar problem, you love the process of figuring out the best path forward.
- Being a part of a team is important to you.
What You’ll Learn:
- How the tech you love actually works: what needs to happen to create that thing/experience we call the Internet? Hint: it’s complex, but amazing.
- How to work with clients: who are clients anyway? how can we communicate with and teach and serve them so that our digital stuff solves their problem?
- How to work with makers: what does it mean to be a maker? how can we help developers and designers do their best work?
- How to solve problems: big problems, small problems, tech problems, people problems—you will learn how to find solutions and make decisions that set the vision, tone, and pace of projects.
- Your own talents in our industry: where do you make your most positive impact? which part of Internet-building do you love most? Maybe it’s being a DPM. Maybe it’s something else. After ten weeks, you’ll know.
- The value of close mentorship: you will closely shadow a full-time PM, learning the day-to-day nuances of the DPM role and agency life.
How to Apply:
Please attach your resume and submit a cover letter discussing why you want to work at Viget, and how your previous experience relates to the position described. Examples of your previous work are also much appreciated.
Before you get in touch, feel free to learn more about Emily and Erica on Viget's People Team page. You can also get to know us better on Twitter, Flickr, Vimeo, Instagram, Facebook, and by exploring pointlesscorp.com.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Viget maintains a drug-free workplace. Please note, we are unable to offer work visa sponsorship at this time.