Viget is a digital agency / software development shop headquartered just outside of Washington, DC, (in Falls Church, VA) with additional offices in Durham, NC, Boulder, CO, and Chattanooga, TN. We've been at it since 1999 and have earned a solid reputation as a rare firm that does both great design and development work when building digital products and marketing platforms.
Our Craft Developers work alongside industry-leading project managers, interface designers, and brand strategists to create and build visually rich digital products and experiences, including campaigns, large content sites, and ecommerce sites. We’ve been building Craft sites for 8 years and have written 3 plug-ins currently in the Craft plugin store. Internally, Craft Developers are called “Front-End Developers,” and are part of a team of versatile developers whose skills span front-end buildout to back-end CMS development.
Our teams also collaborate directly with clients that offer great variety -- from brands like Dick’s Sporting Goods to nonprofits like Human Rights Campaign to tech companies like Motley Fool. Viget == variety.
Our Craft Developers:
- Build new applications, content and ecommerce sites using Craft CMS (and potentially other PHP-based CMS platforms like Wordpress).
- Write clean and effective Twig code.
- Are familiar with PHP and have some experience or interest in writing plugins or modules for Craft.
- Have experience defining and implementing data models.
- Enjoy building smart interfaces faithfully translated from design comps and wireframes.
- Enjoy working with others in our collaborative environment that balances team-wide communication (e.g., project standups, Slack discussions, code review), pair programming sessions, and frequent blocks of focus time for independent work.
- Care about modern best practices, including code reviews, continuous integration and deployment, and iterative development.
- Love working alongside our award-winning design team.
To be considered to work at Viget, you should exhibit these characteristics too. We expect that successful candidates will have experience building Craft sites with minimal oversight.
Everyone at Viget:
- Embodies our core values of integrity, work ethic, collaboration, creativity, and lifelong learning (especially important as we continually evaluate and embrace new technologies).
- Values mentorship, learning, and sharing knowledge.
- Writes and speaks clearly and effectively when collaborating with teammates and clients.
- Participates in our commitment to building a diverse and inclusive company.
How to Apply:
Please attach your resume and submit a cover letter discussing why you want to work at Viget, and how your previous experience relates to the position described. Examples of your previous work are also much appreciated.
Before you get in touch, feel free to learn more about Erica and Margaret on Viget's People Team. You can also get to know us better on Twitter, Flickr, Vimeo, Instagram, Facebook, and by exploring pointlesscorp.com.
We maintain a drug-free workplace. We are unable to offer work visa sponsorship at this time.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and we’re committed to creating an inclusive workplace. In order to meet the diverse needs of our clients and make the digital world better for everyone, we seek to expand the diversity of our team. We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. If you are a person with a disability and require accommodations or assistance during the application process, please email email@example.com.