Phasing Out VigeWeekly
When we launched our new blogs, we figured people might struggle to know which blogs to visit regularly at first. We decided to write a weekly recap of the posts from each blog, so those who wanted to stick with just this Four Labs blog could still get a taste of the specialty blogs as well.
It's been a few months, though, and we've decided to phase out the weekly recaps for several reasons:
- While our stats show that some of you are reading them and using them to discover more content, the activity isn't dramatic.
- Frankly, they feel repetitive and somewhat forced. Internally, they just don't feel consistent with our overall goal of making the Four Labs blog about Viget, and the other blogs about you -- the community. Even though they're intended to be helpful, there's a perception with some that they feel self-promotional, which certainly isn't the intent. But, perception matters.
- You've caught up. Each blog now has a solid history of content, so if you check them out it's pretty clear what you can expect. You know where to go if you're a designer, developer, or marketer (strategy is still finding its voice -- more on that later).
- We're now summarizing monthly via email. Join our email list (see the footer) and you'll get an email every month that will help you keep up with all things Viget, including the specialty blogs. So, if it's a digest you need, there you have it. And if you just want a master RSS feed of all the posts from our blogs, well we have that too.
- We want to share more about Viget here. The weekly recaps detract from the idea that this is where we talk about what's happening at Viget, whether it's a birthday cake, a new teammate, a cool client, or a book. We promise to try better.
As we've always said, these blogs are an evolution. Thanks for coming along.