We are no longer accepting applications to our Summer 2021 Internship.
Love hard questions? Learn how we partner with designers and developers to define solutions for our clients.
We don’t have “sales people” at Viget. We all sell Viget all the time, mostly by doing great work and sharing what we know. Selling custom consulting services at an agency like Viget is different from selling traditional products or packaged services. It’s consultative. Each opportunity is a new problem to solve, a new strategy to develop—and requires a new, novel approach. As our Business Development Intern, you’ll learn as much about business strategy as you will about traditional selling. You’ll work with your Advisor to learn about the breadth of Viget services, the art of asking good questions, how to “sell” the Viget way, and, through it all, you’ll document and share what you’re learning.
You’ll also participate in our proposal and pitch process by working with our teams (often a subset of our normal project teams) to brainstorm ideas and develop creative responses to engagement opportunities. By the end of the summer, you’ll know what Viget does inside and out and what it takes to nurture and define client engagements. You’ll walk away with transferable skills that include:
- Problem finding
- Research and analysis
- Critical thinking
- The Business Development internship is offered in-person in our Durham, NC office and remotely for US-based candidates. Learn more about our Summer 2021 program structure and location options here.
- The internship lasts 10 weeks, from June 7 to August 13.
- Interns usually train for 40 hours/week (9-5, M-F, but we can be flexible).
- Relocation is not provided.
What We Look For (You may not have all of these, and that's okay!)
- You don’t think of yourself as a “sales person.” You are more of an entrepreneur, business person, consultant, and general problem-solver. You’re persuasive, intelligent, and logical, not sales-y.
- You are entrepreneurial and business savvy. Your lemonade stand turned a profit. You’re known for sensing a business opportunity miles away.
- You're passionate about technology. You're the first among your friends to know about the latest trends, methods, and tools in the web and tech industries.
- You get things done. No matter what you're doing, you take pride in your work. You enjoy responsibility and you know that real effort pays off daily.
- You are a self-starter and aren't afraid to develop your own projects and attack them. Sitting around idly isn't your cup of tea.
- You find your own ways to contribute and add value to teams.
- You’re an exceptional communicator—a great writer, a confident speaker, and a keen listener.
- You are extremely well-organized. You can handle several projects at once without anything slipping through the cracks.
- You're currently enrolled in college, preferably as a junior or senior. We also consider graduate students and recent grads in some cases.
- You have top grades or a track record of success.
- You have the permanent, legal right to work in the US. We are unable to sponsor visas at this time.
- We offer a stipend of $2,500/summer, paid monthly on a pro rata basis. Course credit is also an option.
- We provide free coffee, soda, snacks, and one lunch per week to all in-person staff, including interns.
- We offer several opportunities to connect with coworkers each week, both in-person and virtually, including our weekly all-hands meeting.
- You’ll experience Viget at its most vigorous. Whether you’re remote or in an office, you’ll participate in summer activities, challenges, hang-outs, etc.
How to Apply:
We are no longer accepting applications to our Summer 2021 Internship. Please feel free to sign up to be notified when we begin accepting applications to next summer's program, or send us an email to introduce yourself.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and we’re committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We value the new perspectives and contributions of each person who joins Viget. In order to meet the diverse needs of our clients and make the digital world better for everyone, we seek to expand the diversity of our team. We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. If you are a person with a disability and require accommodations or assistance during the application process, please email email@example.com.
Before you get in touch, learn more about Margaret and Emily on Viget's People Team. You can also get to know us better on Twitter, Flickr, Vimeo, Instagram, Facebook, and by exploring pointlesscorp.com.
Viget maintains a drug-free workplace. Please note, we are unable to offer work visa sponsorship at this time.