We're not currently hiring for this role, but may be sometime in the future. Feel free to keep checking back for updates.
Viget is an independent digital agency that has been branding, designing, and building digital products and platforms since 1999. Our culture is ideal for lifelong learners seeking a variety of meaningful work, supportive collaboration with positive teammates, and a healthy work/life balance. We work from four sweet offices (hybrid) and remote locations throughout the U.S., and utilize a proven cadence of virtual and in-person meetings and retreats to build comradery and stay connected. We love our team.
We know that our greatest asset is our talented team. Accordingly, we have high standards when it comes to recruiting. We've established a positive culture where hard-working, highly-skilled professionals collaborate with each other and with clients to solve interesting problems and build amazing things. We are a slow-growth company where we focus on the quality, not just quantity, of candidates and the efficacy, not just efficiency, of our evaluation process. We're looking for a smart, conscientious person to help us recruit exceptional people to join our team. This person will have a significant impact on our team, culture, and long-term success.
We're looking for someone who will:
- Help review and respond to incoming applicants, deducing who shows promise and who doesn't, but being equally respectful and responsive to everyone.
- Follow our well-defined process for organizing and keeping track of applicants. (We use Lever as our Applicant Tracking System.)
- Help find relevant candidates through creative sourcing strategies.
- Conduct phone interviews for promising candidates during which you'll need to build rapport, represent Viget well, and form an initial opinion about whether they'll meet our hiring criteria.
- Plan and schedule both remote and in-person interviews with the team.
- Solicit and organize feedback from the team about candidates who have interviewed.
- Identify and attend appropriate industry events (primarily local) where potential hires might be.
- Work closely with, inspire, and learn from Katie Kinniburgh and Emily Bloom.
- Help make the work of our entire People Team as impactful as possible through our events, training, and various internal initiatives that both encourage new people to join and current team members to stay.
We're looking for someone who is:
- Committed to building a diverse candidate pipeline and an inclusive and equitable evaluation process.
- Trustworthy. You must have integrity and discretion. You’re not inclined to gossip.
- Friendly, personable, confident, and easy to talk to.
- An extremely good listener who is genuinely interested in getting to know new people.
- Considerate and conscientious; anyone who knows you would say you're "a very nice person."
- Comfortable talking to different types of people and able to set them at ease.
- Enthusiastic about digital technology and working with technical people.
- Open, perhaps even warm-hearted, towards nerd culture and general geekery.
- Collaborative. You’d love to work closely with Katie on recruiting challenges, as well as with other members of the Viget team, including our founders.
- Interested in more than just a job; you're the kind of person who believes in and will reflect the core values that make Viget awesome.
The right person also has all of these skills:
- Intelligence: you're smart and come across as confident and insightful. You may not yet know a lot about Viget services and the roles we hire for, but you’re eager to learn and confident you’ll be able to pick it up.
- Critical thinking: you dissect problems, pull out key information, and can propose solutions.
- Good judgment: you are thorough and decisive.
- Leadership: you have a track record for taking initiative and helping groups of people hit shared goals.
- Written communication: you write clearly, succinctly, and with correct grammar.
- Verbal communication: you are concise and engaging. People like talking and brainstorming with you (including people with skills and experiences very different from yours).
- Organized: you are reliably organized and manage a full plate without significant signs of stress.
The ideal candidate will also:
- Have a bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
- Have 1-5 years professional experience (you may not have much professional experience, but you need to be mature and comfortable operating in a professional setting).
- Demonstrate evidence of being a high-achiever.
Everyone at Viget:
- Embodies our core values of integrity, work ethic, collaboration, creativity, and lifelong learning.
- Values mentorship, learning, and sharing knowledge.
- Writes and speaks clearly and effectively when collaborating with teammates and clients.
- Believes in and supports our commitment to building a diverse and inclusive company.
Compensation and Benefits:
Annual base salary of $60,000 - $90,000 (mid level) or $80,000 - $110,000 (senior) per year depending on location, skills, and experience
Additional comp available via spot performance bonuses, sales referrals, and new hire referrals
401(k) retirement plan matching up to 4%
100% company-paid health and dental coverage for you and your family
Stipends for wellness (apps, gyms, etc.) and connectivity (mobile phone or home internet)
15 days PTO (20 after 2 years), 9 paid holidays, and 2 community service days per year
Up to $2,000/year in conference and training (professional development) budget
How To Apply
We are not accepting applicants to this position at this time. If you'd like to be considered for future openings on this team, you can email us at email@example.com.
Before you get in touch, feel free to learn more about us on Twitter, Flickr, Vimeo, Instagram, and by exploring pointlesscorp.com.
We maintain a drug-free workplace. We are unable to offer work visa sponsorship at this time.
Viget is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace where all of us feel valued and heard. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, socioeconomic status, religion, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics. If you have any questions or need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Washington DC Metro
Our headquarters is minutes from DC in Falls Church, VA.
The Durham office is centrally located in a growing city with a thriving culture.
One of the nation’s tech capitals, Boulder attracts some of the brightest talent around.
Our newest office location is known for its charm and a booming tech scene.
Remote, USAWe’ve had distributed teams for years, but now we’re more remote-friendly than ever: work from home, from the office, or a combination.Learn More