We are no longer accepting applicants to our Fall 2020 cohort.
Product Designers at Viget help our clients concept, design, and launch compelling digital products. Our Product Designers collaborate with industry-leading copywriters, researchers, project managers, and developers. In between projects, we share our opinions and write about our methods.
As an apprentice, you'll participate in aspects of the design process including research, exploration, prototyping, and visual design. You'll work alongside a dedicated advisor and gain valuable exposure to client projects and deliverables, join meetings, and experience client presentations and design consultations. And, throughout the program, you'll meet regularly with your advisor to identify and make progress on personalized learning goals.
- The Product Designer Apprenticeship is offered as a remote position this year for US-based candidates.
- The apprenticeship lasts 10 weeks, from September 14 to November 20, 2020.
- Apprentices are expected to work 40 hours/week (9-5, M-F, but we can be flexible).
- Total compensation of $6,000.
- You must have the permanent, legal right to work in the US. We are unable to offer work visa sponsorship at this time.
About You (You may not be all of these things yet, and that's okay!):
- You have some professional, post-collegiate experience in a design- or digital-related field, or you’ve recently graduated from a UX or design training course.
- You’ll never tire of talking to real users and customers in order to effectively solve problems.
- You enjoy diving into technical details and working with teammates to define implementation details and requirements.
- You’re familiar with design and wireframing software (like Figma, Sketch, Whimsical, Illustrator, XD) or are confident in your ability to quickly become comfortable with these tools.
- You have an innate sense for—and strong opinions about—what makes a great digital product. You keep a mental list of products you love and those you hate.
- You're passionate about technology. You're the first among your friends to know about the latest trends, methods, and tools in the web and tech industries.
- You get things done. No matter what you're doing, you take pride in your work. You enjoy responsibility and you know that real effort pays off daily.
- You also take pride in listening, communicating, and collaborating exceptionally well.
What You’ll Learn:
- You’ll learn how to effectively communicate with teammates and clients, through the lens of being a consultant and problem solver at your core.
- You’ll help conduct research and discovery at the onset of a project and dive deep into a client’s industry and business challenges.
- You’ll collaborate with copywriters, developers, digital analysts, and project managers to define strategies and concepts to address those challenges. Often, you’ll be the one to identify these challenges, too.
- You’ll evaluate interfaces and audit sites for usability issues, and practice how to present your findings and recommendations.
- You’ll hone your interaction design skills, working in tools like Figma and Sketch.
- Best of all, you’ll work alongside multi-disciplinary teams to produce amazing digital products and platforms.
How to Apply:
Please use the form below to introduce yourself. We ask that everyone attach their resume and submit a thoughtful cover letter, which we hope will include specifics about your interest in the Viget Apprenticeship program and how your previous experience and career goals relate to the position described. The form goes directly to Margaret, so feel free to write it as an email to her. She will reply as soon as possible. Examples of your previous work are also much appreciated. Note: If you're interested in more than one Apprenticeship role, you only need to submit one application. You'll have a chance to let us know later on if you'd like to be considered for more than one role.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and we’re committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We value the new perspectives and contributions of each person who joins Viget. In order to meet the diverse needs of our clients and make the digital world better for everyone, we seek to expand the diversity of our team. We designed the Viget Apprenticeship to accelerate the professional development of career-changers and individuals early in their careers, and we encourage people from underrepresented groups in particular to apply.
Before you get in touch, feel free to learn more about Emily and Margaret on Viget's People Team. You can also get to know us better on Twitter, Flickr, Vimeo, Instagram, Facebook, and by exploring pointlesscorp.com.
We maintain a drug-free workplace. We are unable to offer work visa sponsorship at this time.