People Operations Coordinator
Viget is an independent digital agency that has been branding, designing, and building digital products and platforms since 1999. Our culture is ideal for lifelong learners seeking a variety of meaningful work, supportive collaboration with positive teammates, and a healthy work/life balance. We work from four sweet offices (hybrid) and remote locations throughout the U.S., and utilize a proven cadence of virtual and in-person meetings and retreats to build comradery and stay connected. We love our team.
We are looking for a smart, organized, and professional problem-solver to join the People Operations Team at our Falls Church, VA headquarters. Our People Operations Coordinator role is not for the meek or apathetic; this position requires confidence, creativity, grit, and compassion. The previous title for the role was Office Manager, but it’s much more than that.
On a daily basis, you will be held to high standards, face new challenges, and see your influence on the company. Responsibilities include those usually associated with office management, as well as anything from organizing chili cookoffs to interior design to health and wellness counseling, and whatever else comes up. No two days are alike, and there is no limit to the ways you can help make Viget awesome.
- Understand how important this role is to our work and culture and would embrace the opportunity to make a daily and lasting impact.
- Are an authentic people person. You thrive on interacting with coworkers, clients, job candidates, and guests in a genuine way.
- Are organized, detail-oriented, and find satisfaction in juggling recurring daily tasks with many ongoing projects.
- Are trustworthy with confidential information, reliable in terms of deadlines, and dependable to your peers. You do what you say you’ll do.
- Are proactive – with confidence, optimism, and energy, you step up to challenges and solve problems before others even notice them.
- Are helpful and service-oriented by nature. You enjoy helping others whenever and however you can.
- Like learning new skills and are excited about Viget’s focus on lifelong learning and career development.
- Enjoy research assignments. You’re good at digging into a topic, summarizing options, and making recommendations on the best way to proceed.
- Have an excellent command of the English language when you speak and write.
- Are a proficient web user, comfortable with web-based software tools such as Gmail, Google Docs, and Slack. You also know your way around a spreadsheet.
- Have an interest in the creative tech industry, a passion for Viget’s core values, and would be excited to support us in delivering great work to our clients.
- Help employees feel as connected and supported as possible as we navigate the transition back to being a hybrid company with multiple vibrant offices and remote employees across the country.
- Lead efforts to make our offices as productive, enjoyable, and inspiring as they can be. The following are established expectations of the role, but we hope you’ll think of new ways to make Viget an awesome place to work.
- Manage daily responsibilities, including:
- Set up for meetings, greet visitors, and proactively meet needs and solve problems.
- Answer the phone, accept deliveries, and distribute mail.
- Empty the dishwasher, resupply office snacks, drinks, and coffee.
- Move through the office with an eye on improving the space in both practical and creative ways.
- Support our other offices with anything that can be managed remotely.
- Be a visible, active, social part of the company culture — someone everyone finds approachable and helpful.
- Manage weekly responsibilities, such as:
- Coordinate the content generation, editing, and publishing of our internal weekly newsletter using a Google Doc template.
- Respond to travel requests by doing research, getting approvals, and booking flights and hotels.
- Organize and order team- and office-wide lunches.
- Configure the room and tech set-up for routine staff meetings.
- Proactively and consistently keep plants, storage closets, and collaborative spaces in good care and order.
- Manage quarterly and ad-hoc responsibilities, such as:
- Help research, plan, and run quarterly company team-building events and occasional staff happy hours.
- Help plan and help host industry-related community events in our office.
- Dive into special projects, ranging from holiday gift planning to overhauling the decor in a conference room.
- Be an active part of the People Operations team by helping us:
Required Skills & Experience:
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Able to work independently with little oversight.
- Able to maintain confidential information.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- A somewhat flexible schedule to accommodate early mornings or late evenings a few times per month. Normal hours M-F would be roughly 8:30 am - 5:30 pm ET in-person in our Falls Church office.
- A valid driver’s license and consistent access to a car for errands (non-commute mileage can be reimbursed).
Everyone at Viget:
- Embodies our core values of integrity, work ethic, collaboration, creativity, and lifelong learning.
- Values mentorship, learning, and sharing knowledge.
- Writes and speaks clearly and effectively when collaborating with teammates and clients.
- Believes in and supports our commitment to building a diverse and inclusive company.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Annual base salary of $50,000 - $80,000 per year depending on skills and experience
- Additional comp available via spot performance bonuses, sales referrals, and new hire referrals
- 401(k) retirement plan matching up to 4%
- 100% company-paid health and dental coverage for you and your family
- Stipends for wellness (apps, gyms, etc.) and connectivity (mobile phone or home internet)
- 15 days PTO (20 after 2 years), 9 paid holidays, and 2 community service days per year
- Up to $2,000/year in conference and training (professional development) budget
Before you apply, we encourage you to take the time to get inspired by descriptions of our former Office Managers, Khanh, and Aubrey, who moved into different roles at Viget. Here are some blog posts to give you a general sense of our culture, our values, and the job.
How to Apply:
Introduce yourself using this application form. One of our Recruiters, Katie or Emily, will respond typically within a day or two.
We maintain a drug-free workplace. We are unable to offer work visa sponsorship at this time.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and we’re committed to creating an inclusive workplace. In order to meet the diverse needs of our clients and make the digital world better for everyone, we seek to expand the diversity of our team. We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. If you are a person with a disability and require accommodations or assistance during the application process, please email email@example.com.
Washington DC Metro
Our headquarters is minutes from DC in Falls Church, VA.
Durham, NC (position not available)
The Durham office is centrally located in a growing city with a thriving culture.
Boulder, CO (position not available)
One of the nation’s tech capitals, Boulder attracts some of the brightest talent around.
Chattanooga, TN (position not available)
Our newest office location is known for its charm and a booming tech scene.
Remote, USA (position not available)We’ve had distributed teams for years, but now we’re more remote-friendly than ever: work from home, from the office, or a combination.Learn More