Viget designs, builds, and grows digital products and campaigns for clients worldwide. We have an amazing team doing remarkable work. We’re looking for a Marketing and Communications Manager to help us shape and share Viget’s story. Using modern tools, tactics, and a sound strategy, you’ll increase the number of relevant people who are aware of and admire Viget, and motivate them to take action.
This role requires a balance of both big picture, strategic thinking and hands-on execution. You’ll work with our CEO and senior leadership to align on goals and messaging, then execute tactics to produce and distribute expert content, messaging, and conversations. You’ll manage all external channels and the content and messaging that is produced for them. Using data and testing, you’ll analyze which channels are successful and why, and determine the channels we should be spending more or less energy on.
Compelling candidates will be business savvy (understand key metrics, what motivates decision makers, etc.), have strong writing skills, possess a can-do, DIY work ethic, and be driven to continually improve.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Continually increase the number of prospective clients and candidates that are aware of and admire Viget, our services, our work, and our differentiators. Success will be measured by an increased number of qualified new business leads and recruiting inquiries.
- Define and iterate on channel strategies that support Viget’s vision, values, and goals. These channels may include social, search, publicity, unconventional PR, email, industry events, speaking engagements (for our team of topic experts), awards, and community building. You’ll determine which channels are most effective, and focus energy on those.
- Tell compelling, accurate, and inspirational stories of our work through online and offline case studies which will both generate awareness and support new business conversations.
- Coordinate and guide the creation and distribution of content across all channels according to a marketing calendar that you’ll manage.
- Collaborate regularly with the business development and recruiting teams to align on goals, metrics, and strategy. Contribute to the direction of these teams by reporting back trends, data, and intel that you see amongst our peers, with our clients, and prospective hires.
What should be true about you:
- You’re creative. You love the moment when the light bulb turns on for a content piece, an event idea, or a new way to tell an otherwise tired story. You come up with new concepts on a regular basis.
- You’re a business person. You understand how our audiences think and can speak their language. You understand that creative ideas are all in support of moving the needle on key metrics, so you systematically evaluate if a strategy is worth pursuing or continuing.
- You’re an efficiency maestro. There are a million things you could be doing, but you constantly find ways to trim the fat, whether by prioritizing and re-prioritizing based on data, by finding a more efficient method or tool to manage a process, or by delegating tasks. You think in terms of systems that reduce clutter and waste.
- You’ve got the basics down. You may not be an expert in every channel, but you understand how they all work and generally what makes them successful.
- Tools we currently use: Buffer, Campaign Monitor, Moz, Google Analytics, Google Adwords, Google Optimize, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, Airtable, Highrise, and Tracks.
- Your default mindset is to do it yourself. While you’ll have access to award-winning, world-class designers, copywriters, and developers and can often leverage their talent to contribute to marketing efforts, they won’t always be available. You’re no stranger to writing creative and compelling copy or generating conference talk ideas on behalf of others.
- You’re extremely well organized. A deep and wide channel strategy contains a lot of moving parts, and it’s easy for things to fall through the cracks. You thrive on using tools, systems, and processes that make it all work.
- You seek feedback and enjoy fast-paced change. Pivots and reworks are in your DNA. You consistently ask if something is working, if it deserves further investment, or if it’s time to shake it up.
- You’re decisive and opinionated, but know when to yield to a better idea.
To be considered, you should exhibit these characteristics and also:
- You have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- You have 2-5 years post-grad experience in a marketing and communications role.
You’ll work primarily in our Falls Church, VA office with occasional trips to our offices in Durham, NC and Boulder, CO.
How to Apply:
Please attach your resume and submit a cover letter discussing why you want to work at Viget, and how your previous experience relates to the position described.
Before you get in touch, feel free to learn more about Emily and Erica on Viget's People Team page. You can also get to know us better on Twitter, Flickr, Vimeo, Instagram, Facebook, and by exploring pointlesscorp.com.
We maintain a drug-free workplace. We are unable to offer work visa sponsorship at this time.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and we’re committed to creating an inclusive workplace. In order to meet the diverse needs of our clients and make the digital world better for everyone, we seek to expand the diversity of our team. We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply.