What Advertisers and Hipsters Have in Common
Josh Chambers, Former Viget
- Both are super into raising awareness about stuff that others need to be made aware of
- Both love blue-collar work. Neither have done more than three minutes of it
- Both recycle other people's creativity and pawn it off as their own
- Both love their low necklines - especially the dudes
- Both are 100% incapable of being swayed by advertising
- Both suck at parties - one won't shutup, one won't talk
- Both like old crap, but neither have any idea why
- Both could do a better job at whatever it is you're talking about
- They're the first person to hear about everything that you have ever heard of
- Both love something more than life itself until someone else finds about it. Then, they are both really, really over it
- Both spend enough on coffee (organic coffee, mind you) to feed a small nation
- "What's that Apple thing called again? Yeah, that. I love that thing"
- Giant, black rimmed glasses are a requirement. Prescriptions are optional
- Both love the idea of smoking
- Both use as many large words as possible (especially "post-modern"). Neither know what those words mean (especially "post-modern")
- Somehow or another, both wear New Balance's. This still befuddles me
- Both care about the environment so much they watched "An Inconvenient Truth"
And for the record, I probably fall into both of these categories, making me the worst person alive.