10 Great SEO Tools and Resources
Josh Chambers, Former Viget
UPDATE: As promised, I've added to the list thanks to our comments. Check it out!
We received an email from a friend asking for a few SEO resources, and it seemed to make sense just to throw them into a blog post. Here they are...10 of my favorite SEO tools:
- Google Keyword Planner: It is what it sounds like.
- Google Trends: Up and coming keyword trends.
- SEO Digger: A nifty little tool that shows what keywords you're currently ranking for on Google
- Moz.com: An extensive collection of SEO articles, Q&A, and best practices - we have the paid subscription and it's worth every penny!
- SEOQuake: A must-have Firefox plugin.
- Search Engine Land: A good SEO blog.
- SearchStatus: A simple plugin that shows you Google and Alexa PageRank.
- BuzzSumo: Shows the most shared content around a subject. This is a good general resource.
- WikiPedia's SEO article: A great place to start.
- WordTracker: An excellent keyword research tool.
There you have it! Let me know what your favorite tools are. If your comments offer some good links, I'll update the post with the links and link back to the author, thus completing the SEO Circle of Life.
Some additional tools from our friends:
- Thanks to David for these:
- Advanced Web Ranking
- Market Samurai - Useful tool for researching keywords and SEO competition. Market Samurai plugs into several tools including Google’s keyword research tool.
- Thanks to Nicholas for this little fella:
- Thanks to Karlisa for this:
Bring on some more!
Also, be sure to read the rest of our SEO-related articles.