UI Developer Apprentice
This role was offered during our Fall 2022 cohort as described below and may change in future cohorts.
User interface (UI) developers make websites come alive. We build interfaces, develop interactions, and create animations. At Viget, UI developers work on a wide range of project types, from client-side application work in React, to engaging and interactive experiences, to full site builds on our favorite CMS, Craft. Viget’s UI developer apprenticeship is designed to provide practical knowledge and experience for recent graduates of a code school, 4-year degree program, and, in some cases, motivated self-taught individuals.
As an apprentice, you'll be part of the UI development team and work alongside a dedicated advisor. You’ll shadow other developers, gain exposure to client projects and deliverables, contribute to projects when you’re ready, and experience the cadence and pace of a full-time job at a digital agency. Throughout the program, you'll meet regularly with your advisor to track progress on personalized learning goals.
- The program lasts 14 weeks, from September 12 to December 16.
- You must be available for the full 14 weeks and to travel for our fall TTT October 11-15. Travel costs are covered by Viget.
- Apprentices can work from home or from one of our offices, or a combination of both. Our offices are in Falls Church, VA; Durham, NC; Boulder, CO; and Chattanooga, TN.
- You are expected to work 40 hours/week (generally 9am-5pm your local time, M-F).
- Total compensation is $8,400. Apprentices do not receive health benefits.
- If working from home, you need a stable internet connection and a quiet workspace.
- Apprentices must have the permanent, legal right to work in the United States and must live in the United States.
About You (You may not be all of these things yet, and that's okay!):
- You have a demonstrated passion for technology. You're interested in CSS grid, web components, and web animation.
- You are collaborative. You'd enjoy working alongside both our development and design teams, communicating effectively through Slack, email, or over video calls.
- You are detail-oriented and can appreciate the need for keeping a buildout in line with its design.
- You are empathetic. You can see problems from the perspective of others who might differ from you.
- You are a graduate of a bootcamp or relevant college degree program, or you’re highly self-motivated and self-taught. You’re eager to work with an advisor / mentor.
- You are proactive and get things done. You manage your time effectively. No matter what you're doing, you take pride in your work.
- You are a clear communicator verbally and in writing. You’re a good listener and enjoy collaborating.
What You’ll Learn:
- How to build with accessibility in mind, and how to test that your work meets WCAG requirements.
- Best practices and cutting edge tools and technology used by professional front-end developers.
- Quality assurance best practices and processes, ensuring your work looks great and functions as intended across browsers, devices, and screen sizes.
- How to collaborate and work side-by-side with a cross-functional Viget team, especially designers and back-end developers.
How to Get in Touch:
We are no longer accepting applicants to our Fall 2022 cohort, but please feel free to send us an email to introduce yourself.
Before you get in touch, feel free to learn more about us on Twitter, Flickr, Vimeo, Instagram, and by exploring pointlesscorp.com.
Viget is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace where all of us feel valued and heard. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, socioeconomic status, religion, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics. If you have any questions or need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We maintain a drug-free workplace. We are unable to offer work visa sponsorship at this time.