Recap: Refresh the Triangle
promised, here's a quick recap of the event:
- Turnout was fantastic. About 28 people came, which was double what we hoped to have. As you can see from the photos, we were pretty much at max capacity!
- Jackson Fox presented some very helpful methods for building user-centered web applications even on tight money and time budgets. He shared both inspiration and practical tools. His slides are available on slideshare.
- A quick show-of-hands poll showed that a little more than half of the attendees call themselves developers, a little less than half call themselves designers, and several people identify as firmly in between. This is exactly the balance Refresh is all about.
- Viget’s own Jackson Wilkinson was down from HQ for the day. As one of the coordinators of Refresh-DC, he shed some wisdom on what it takes to grow a large, thriving Refresh community.
- People were engaged – there was some great Q & A after the presentation and a big group of people went to Alivia’s afterwards to continue talking.