We are no longer accepting applications to our Summer 2021 Internship.
Software shouldn't make you mad. Learn how we make digital products a delight to use.
Over the years, we've found that many students would be great additions to our user experience team, if only they knew what user experience designers do or whether they'd be any good at it. To put it simply, UX covers all aspects of how a user interacts with digital products, services, and content. It's a highly multidisciplinary field. You might be good at it if, besides being into web design and development, you're fascinated by psychology, anthropology, sociology, architecture, or cognitive science. You might be good at it if you have recurring nightmares about using your school’s course registration platform, and even better if you find yourself brainstorming ways to make it more usable. Does that sound like you?
If you have the right blend of talents and interests, you'll participate in all aspects of the UX process, including concept development, user research, content strategy, information architecture, and interaction design. You'll join client meetings to experience client presentations and design consultations. And, throughout the summer, you'll meet regularly with your Advisor to identify and make progress on personalized learning goals.
- The User Experience internship is offered in-person at two of our office locations (Falls Church, VA and Durham, NC) and remotely for US-based candidates. Learn more about our Summer 2021 program structure and location options here.
- The internship lasts 10 weeks, from June 7 to August 13.
- Interns usually train for 40 hours/week (9-5, M-F, but we can be flexible).
- Relocation is not provided.
What We Look For (You may not have all of these, and that's okay!)
- You have an innate sense for—and strong opinions about—what a good experience using a website should be about. You keep a mental list of sites you love and sites you hate.
- You're passionate about technology. You're the first among your friends to know about the latest trends, methods, and tools in the web and tech industries.
- You get things done. No matter what you're doing, you take pride in your work. You enjoy responsibility and you know that real effort pays off daily.
- You take pride in listening, communicating, and collaborating exceptionally well.
- You are currently enrolled in college, preferably as a junior or senior. We also consider graduate students and recent grads in some cases.
- You have top grades or a track record of success.
- You have the permanent, legal right to work in the US. We do not sponsor visas.
- We offer a stipend of $2,500/summer, paid monthly on a pro rata basis. Course credit is also an option.
- We provide free coffee, soda, snacks, and one lunch per week to all in-person staff, including interns.
- We offer several opportunities to connect with coworkers each week, both in-person and virtually, including our weekly all-hands meeting.
- You’ll experience Viget at its most vigorous. Whether you’re remote or in an office, you’ll participate in summer activities, challenges, hang-outs, etc.
How to Apply
We are no longer accepting applications to our Summer 2021 Internship. Please feel free to sign up to be notified when we begin accepting applications to next summer's program, or send us an email to introduce yourself.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and we’re committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We value the new perspectives and contributions of each person who joins Viget. In order to meet the diverse needs of our clients and make the digital world better for everyone, we seek to expand the diversity of our team. We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. If you are a person with a disability and require accommodations or assistance during the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Before you get in touch, learn more about Margaret and Emily on Viget's People Team. You can also get to know us better on Twitter, Flickr, Vimeo, Instagram, Facebook, and by exploring pointlesscorp.com.
Viget maintains a drug-free workplace. Please note, we are unable to offer work visa sponsorship at this time.