FALLS CHURCH, VA • DURHAM, NC • BOULDER, CO
Software shouldn't make you mad. Learn how we make digital products a delight to use.
Over the years, we've found that many students would be great additions to our user experience team, if only they knew what user experience designers do or whether they'd be any good at it. To put it simply, UX covers all aspects of how a user interacts with a digital product. It's a highly multidisciplinary field. You might be good at it if, besides being into a web design and development, you're fascinated by psychology, anthropology, sociology, architecture, or cognitive science. You might be good at it if you have recurring nightmares about using your wireless carrier's web site, and even better if you find yourself brainstorming ways to make it more usable. Does that sound like you?
If you have the right blend of talents and interests, you'll participate in all aspects of the UX process, including concept development, user research, content strategy, information architecture, and interaction design. You'll join client meetings to experience client presentations and design consultations. And, throughout the summer, you'll meet regularly with your Advisor to identify and make progress on personalized learning goals.
- UX internships are offered at all of our locations: Falls Church, VA, Durham, NC or Boulder, CO.
- Internships last 10 weeks.
- Interns usually train for 40 hours/week (9-5, M-F, but we can be flexible).
- Relocation is not provided.
What We Look For (You may not have all of these, and that's okay!)
- You've had coursework or demonstrated interest in graphic design, programming, usability (although majoring in design or computer science is not required).
- You have an innate sense for—and strong opinions about—what a good experience using a web site should be about. You keep a mental list of sites you love and sites you hate.
- You're passionate about technology. You're the first among your friends to know about the latest trends, methods, and tools in the web and tech industries.
- You get things done. No matter what you're doing, you take pride in your work. You enjoy responsibility and you know that real effort pays off daily.
- You are currently enrolled in a four-year academic institution, preferably as a junior or senior. We also consider graduate students.
- You have top grades or a track record of success.
- You have superb written and spoken English.
- You have the permanent, legal right to work in the US. We do not sponsor visas.
- We offer a stipend of $2,500/summer, paid monthly on a pro rata basis. Course credit is also an option.
- We provide free soft drinks and snacks.
- We hold Free Lunch Fridays (our weekly all-hands meeting).
- You’ll join our Third Third Thursday event (a quarterly company-wide off-site meeting, which will take place in July).
- You’ll experience Viget at its most vigorous. Think: summer activities, challenges, hang-outs, etc.
How to Apply
We are no longer accepting applications for our Summer 2019 internship. Check back in early 2020 for information on our 2020 Summer Internship, or take a look over our apprenticeship program.
Viget is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.