We are no longer accepting applicants to our Summer 2020 internship program.
FALLS CHURCH, VA • DURHAM, NC • BOULDER, CO
Software shouldn't make you mad. Learn how we make digital products a delight to use.
Over the years, we've found that many students would be great additions to our user experience team, if only they knew what user experience designers do or whether they'd be any good at it. To put it simply, UX covers all aspects of how a user interacts with a digital product. It's a highly multidisciplinary field. You might be good at it if, besides being into web design and development, you're fascinated by psychology, anthropology, sociology, architecture, or cognitive science. You might be good at it if you have recurring nightmares about using your wireless carrier's web site, and even better if you find yourself brainstorming ways to make it more usable. Does that sound like you?
If you have the right blend of talents and interests, you'll participate in all aspects of the UX process, including concept development, user research, content strategy, information architecture, and interaction design. You'll join client meetings to experience client presentations and design consultations. And, throughout the summer, you'll meet regularly with your Advisor to identify and make progress on personalized learning goals.
- UX internships are offered in three of our locations: Falls Church, VA, Durham, NC, and Boulder, CO.
- The internship lasts 8 weeks, from June 15 to August 7, 2020.
- Interns usually train for 40 hours/week (9-5, M-F, but we can be flexible).
- Relocation is not provided.
What We Look For (You may not have all of these, and that's okay!)
- You've had coursework or demonstrated interest in graphic design, programming, usability (although majoring in design or computer science is not required).
- You have an innate sense for—and strong opinions about—what a good experience using a web site should be about. You keep a mental list of sites you love and sites you hate.
- You're passionate about technology. You're the first among your friends to know about the latest trends, methods, and tools in the web and tech industries.
- You get things done. No matter what you're doing, you take pride in your work. You enjoy responsibility and you know that real effort pays off daily.
- You are currently enrolled in a four-year academic institution, preferably as a junior or senior. We also consider graduate students and recent grads in some cases.
- You have top grades or a track record of success.
- You have superb written and spoken English.
- You have the permanent, legal right to work in the US. We do not sponsor visas.
- We offer a stipend of $2,500/summer, paid monthly on a pro rata basis. Course credit is also an option.
- We provide free soft drinks and snacks as other perks of a modern office environment.
- We hold Free Lunch Fridays (our weekly all-hands meeting).
- You’ll experience Viget at its most vigorous. Think: summer activities, challenges, hang-outs, etc.
How to Apply
Please use the form below to introduce yourself. The form goes directly to Margaret, so feel free to write it as an email to her. She will reply as soon as possible. You should include specifics about how your coursework and experience relate to the internship, and why you want to spend your summer at Viget. Examples of your work are also much appreciated. Please also attach your resume.
Before you get in touch, learn more about Margaret and Erica on Viget's People Team. You can also get to know us better on Twitter, Flickr, Vimeo, Instagram, Facebook, and by exploring pointlesscorp.com.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Viget maintains a drug-free workplace. Please note, we are unable to offer work visa sponsorship at this time.