We are no longer accepting applications to our Summer 2021 Internship.
We build great software that people really use—and with a little elbow grease (okay, a lot), so can you.
As a software development intern, you'll develop web applications using Ruby and the Rails framework. You'll build and launch several applications, starting with a simple blog and culminating with your own custom creation. You'll embrace test-driven development—that is, writing tests for all functionality before writing the code itself. You'll join in developer meetings, hack nights, and pair programming. You'll take part in meetings with our clients to see how development expectations are defined for projects from the outset. Throughout the summer, you'll meet weekly with our Senior Developers to discuss your progress.
- The Developer internship is offered in-person at our Falls Church, VA office and remotely for US-based candidates. Learn more about our Summer 2021 program structure and location options here.
- The internship lasts 10 weeks, from June 7 to August 13.
- Interns usually train for 40 hours/week (9-5, M-F, but we can be flexible).
- Relocation is not provided.
What We Look For (You may not have all of these, and that's okay!)
- You've had significant coursework in computer science (major not required).
- Ruby on Rails: you know it or can learn it fast.
- While not exactly a requirement, we love to see any contributions to an open source project. David explains why.
- You have an insatiable curiosity. You love learning new languages and technologies.
- You value rich web designs and would enjoy working with designers.
- You want to be a professional web developer when you graduate.
- You’re a strong communicator and are eager to collaborate with peers. You’d enjoy working alongside user experience and visual designers, front-end developers, data analysts, and project managers to learn how we produce quality digital products and software.
- You are currently enrolled in college, preferably as a junior or senior. We also consider graduate students and recent grads in some cases.
- You have top grades or a track record of success.
- You have the permanent, legal right to work in the US. We are unable to sponsor visas at this time.
- We offer a stipend of $2,500/summer, paid monthly on a pro rata basis. Course credit is also an option.
- We provide free coffee, soda, snacks, and one lunch per week to all in-person staff, including interns.
- We offer several opportunities to connect with coworkers each week, both in-person and virtually, including our weekly all-hands meeting.
- You’ll experience Viget at its most vigorous. Whether you’re remote or in an office, you’ll participate in summer activities, challenges, hang-outs, etc.
How to Apply
We are no longer accepting applications to our Summer 2021 Internship. Please feel free to sign up to be notified when we begin accepting applications to next summer's program, or send us an email to introduce yourself.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and we’re committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We value the new perspectives and contributions of each person who joins Viget. In order to meet the diverse needs of our clients and make the digital world better for everyone, we seek to expand the diversity of our team. We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. If you are a person with a disability and require accommodations or assistance during the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Before you get in touch, learn more about Margaret and Emily on Viget's People Team. You can also get to know us better on Twitter, Flickr, Vimeo, Instagram, Facebook, and by exploring pointlesscorp.com.
Viget maintains a drug-free workplace. Please note, we are unable to offer work visa sponsorship at this time.