We are no longer accepting applicants to our Summer 2020 internship program.
FALLS CHURCH, VA • DURHAM, NC • BOULDER, CO
We build great software that people really use—and with a little elbow grease (okay, a lot), so can you.
As a software development intern, you'll develop web applications using Ruby and the Rails framework. You'll build and launch several applications, starting with a simple blog and culminating with your own custom creation. You'll embrace test-driven development—that is, writing tests for all functionality before writing the code itself. You'll join in developer meetings, hack nights, and pair programming. You'll take part in meetings with our clients to see how development expectations are defined for projects from the outset. Throughout the summer, you'll meet weekly with our Senior Developers to discuss your progress.
- Developer internships are offered in three of our locations: Falls Church, VA, Durham, NC, and Boulder, CO.
- The internship lasts 8 weeks, from June 15 to August 7, 2020.
- Interns usually train for 40 hours/week (9-5, M-F, but we can be flexible).
- Relocation is not provided.
What We Look For (You may not have all of these, and that's okay!)
- You've had significant coursework in computer science (major not required).
- Ruby on Rails: you know it or can learn it fast.
- While not exactly a requirement, we love to see any contributions to an open source project. David explains why.
- You have an insatiable curiosity. You love learning new languages and technologies.
- You value rich web designs and would enjoy working with designers.
- You want to be a professional web developer when you graduate.
- You have superb written and spoken English.
- You have top grades or a track record of success.
- You are currently enrolled in a four-year academic institution, preferably as a junior or senior. We also consider graduate students and recent grads in some cases.
- You have the permanent, legal right to work in the US. We do not sponsor visas.
- We offer a stipend of $2,500/summer, paid monthly on a pro rata basis. Course credit is also an option.
- We provide free soft drinks and snacks as other perks of a modern office environment.
- We hold Free Lunch Fridays (our weekly all-hands meeting).
- You’ll experience Viget at its most vigorous. Think: summer activities, challenges, hang-outs, etc.
How to Apply
Please use the form below to introduce yourself. The form goes directly to Margaret, so feel free to write it as an email to her. She will reply as soon as possible. You should include specifics about how your coursework and experience relate to the internship, and why you want to spend your summer at Viget. Examples of your work are also much appreciated. Please also attach your resume.
Before you get in touch, learn more about Margaret and Erica on Viget's People Team. You can also get to know us better on Twitter, Flickr, Vimeo, Instagram, Facebook, and by exploring pointlesscorp.com.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Viget maintains a drug-free workplace. Please note, we are unable to offer work visa sponsorship at this time.