We are no longer accepting applicants to our Summer 2020 internship program.
FALLS CHURCH, VA (HQ) • BOULDER, CO
Learn to code up interactions and animations. Also known as: making websites come alive.
As a Front-End Developer Intern, you'll spend your summer working alongside our designers and developers. You'll meticulously build out design compositions into HTML/CSS for integration into backend systems. You'll join client meetings to experience client presentations and design consultations. You'll meet regularly with your Advisor to discuss your progress, and you'll participate in monthly team discussions.
- Front-End Developer internships are offered in two of our locations: Falls Church, VA or Boulder, CO.
- The internship lasts 8 weeks, from June 15 to August 7, 2020.
- Interns usually train for 40 hours/week (9-5, M-F, but we can be flexible).
- Relocation is not provided.
What We Look For (You may not have all of these, and that's okay!)
- You have impressive front-end coding abilities (HTML/CSS).
- You have a demonstrated passion for technology. You're interested in Craft CMS, Wordpress, and other blogging/CMS software, as well as in server-side code like Node.js, PHP, or Ruby.
- You are collaborative. You'd enjoy working alongside both our development and design teams.
- You are extremely detail-oriented.
- You get things done. No matter what you're doing, you take pride in your work. You enjoy responsibility and you know that real effort pays off daily.
- You are currently enrolled in a four-year academic institution, preferably as a junior or senior. We also consider graduate students and recent grads in some cases.
- You have top grades or a track record of success.
- You have superb written and spoken English.
- You have the permanent, legal right to work in the US. We do not sponsor visas.
- We offer a stipend of $2,500/summer, paid monthly on a pro rata basis. Course credit is also an option.
- We provide free soft drinks and snacks as other perks of a modern office environment.
- We hold Free Lunch Fridays (our weekly all-hands meeting).
- You’ll experience Viget at its most vigorous. Think: summer activities, challenges, hang-outs, etc.
How to Apply
Please use the form below to introduce yourself. The form goes directly to Margaret, so feel free to write it as an email to her. She will reply as soon as possible. You should include specifics about how your coursework and experience relate to the internship, and why you want to spend your summer at Viget. Examples of your work are also much appreciated. Please also attach your resume.
Before you get in touch, learn more about Margaret and Erica on Viget's People Team. You can also get to know us better on Twitter, Flickr, Vimeo, Instagram, Facebook, and by exploring pointlesscorp.com.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Viget maintains a drug-free workplace. Please note, we are unable to offer work visa sponsorship at this time.