FALLS CHURCH, VA (HQ) • BOULDER, CO
Learn to code up interactions and animations. Also known as: making websites come alive.
As a Front-End Developer Intern, you'll spend your summer working alongside our designers and developers. You'll meticulously build out design compositions into HTML/CSS for integration into backend systems. You'll join client meetings to experience client presentations and design consultations. You'll meet regularly with your Advisor to discuss your progress, and you'll participate in monthly team discussions.
- Front-End Developer internships are offered in two of our locations: Falls Church, VA and Boulder, CO.
- The internship lasts 10 weeks.
- Interns usually train for 40 hours/week (9-5, M-F, but we can be flexible).
- Relocation is not provided.
What We Look For (You may not have all of these, and that's okay!)
- You have impressive front-end coding abilities (HTML/CSS).
- You have a demonstrated passion for technology. You're interested in Craft CMS, Wordpress, and other blogging/CMS software, as well as in server-side code like Node.js, PHP, or Ruby.
- You are collaborative. You'd enjoy working alongside both our development and design teams.
- You are extremely detail-oriented.
- You get things done. No matter what you're doing, you take pride in your work. You enjoy responsibility and you know that real effort pays off daily.
- You are currently enrolled in a four-year academic institution, preferably as a junior or senior. We also consider graduate students.
- You have top grades or a track record of success.
- You have superb written and spoken English.
- You have the permanent, legal right to work in the US. We do not sponsor visas.
- We offer a stipend of $2,500/summer, paid monthly on a pro rata basis. Course credit is also an option.
- We provide free soft drinks and snacks.
- We hold Free Lunch Fridays (our weekly all-hands meeting).
- You’ll join our Third Third Thursday event (a quarterly company-wide off-site meeting, which will take place in July).
- You’ll experience Viget at its most vigorous. Think: summer activities, challenges, hang-outs, etc.
How to Apply
We are no longer accepting applications for our Summer 2019 internship. Check back in early 2020 for information on our 2020 Summer Internship, or take a look over our apprenticeship program.
Viget is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.