FALLS CHURCH, VA • DURHAM, NC • BOULDER, CO
A chance to hone your craft alongside some of the best designers in the industry.
As a Design Intern, you'll spend your summer working as part of Viget's award-winning visual Design team. You'll create design and provide design support for various projects. You'll participate in exploration and applied design exercises. You'll join recurring design meetings to expand your knowledge and foster creativity. You'll join client meetings to experience client presentations and design consultations and, throughout the summer, you'll meet regularly with your Advisor to discuss your progress.
- Design internships are offered in three of our locations: Falls Church, VA, Durham, NC, and Boulder, CO.
- The internship lasts 8 weeks, from June 15 to August 7, 2020.
- Interns usually train for 40 hours/week (9-5, M-F, but we can be flexible).
- Relocation is not provided.
What We Look For (You may not have all of these, and that's okay!)
- You have a truly exceptional web-based design portfolio.
- You have some working knowledge of front-end coding (HTML/CSS).
- You have a demonstrated passion for design and aesthetics.
- You get things done. No matter what you're doing, you take pride in your work. You enjoy responsibility and you know that real effort pays off daily.
- You communicate well and have superb written and spoken English.
- You have top grades or a track record of success.
- You are currently enrolled in a four-year academic institution, preferably as a junior or senior. We also consider graduate students and recent grads in some cases.
- You have the permanent, legal right to work in the US. We do not sponsor visas.
- We offer a stipend of $2,500/summer, paid monthly on a pro rata basis. Course credit is also an option.
- We provide free soft drinks and snacks as other perks of a modern office environment.
- We hold Free Lunch Fridays (our weekly all-hands meeting).
- You’ll experience Viget at its most vigorous. Think: summer activities, challenges, hang-outs, etc.
How to Apply
Please use the form below to introduce yourself. The form goes directly to Margaret, so feel free to write it as an email to her. She will reply as soon as possible. You should include specifics about how your coursework and experience relate to the internship, and why you want to spend your summer at Viget. Examples of your work are also much appreciated. Please also attach your resume.
Before you get in touch, learn more about Margaret and Erica on Viget's People Team. You can also get to know us better on Twitter, Flickr, Vimeo, Instagram, Facebook, and by exploring pointlesscorp.com.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Viget maintains a drug-free workplace. Please note, we are unable to offer work visa sponsorship at this time.