We are no longer accepting applications to our Summer 2021 Internship.
A chance to hone your craft alongside some of the best designers in the industry.
As a Design Intern, you'll spend your summer working as part of Viget's award-winning visual Design team. You'll create designs and provide design support for various projects. You'll participate in exploration and applied design exercises. You'll join recurring design meetings to expand your knowledge and foster creativity. You'll join client meetings to experience client presentations and design consultations and, throughout the summer, you'll meet regularly with your Advisor to discuss your progress.
- The Design internship is offered in-person at two of our office locations (Falls Church, VA and Durham, NC) and remotely for US-based candidates. Learn more about our Summer 2021 program structure and location options here.
- The internship lasts 10 weeks, from June 7 to August 13.
- Interns usually train for 40 hours/week (9-5, M-F, but we can be flexible).
- Relocation is not provided.
What We Look For (You may not have all of these, and that's okay!)
- You have a truly exceptional web-based design portfolio.
- You have some working knowledge of front-end coding (HTML/CSS).
- You have a demonstrated passion for design and aesthetics.
- You get things done. No matter what you're doing, you take pride in your work. You enjoy responsibility and you know that real effort pays off daily.
- You communicate well. You write concisely and pay attention to details. You’re persuasive and pitch ideas convincingly.
- You are currently enrolled in college, preferably as a junior or senior. We also consider graduate students and recent grads in some cases.
- You have top grades or a track record of success.
- You have the permanent, legal right to work in the US. We are unable to sponsor visas at this time.
- We offer a stipend of $2,500/summer, paid monthly on a pro rata basis. Course credit is also an option.
- We provide free coffee, soda, snacks, and one lunch per week to all in-person staff, including interns.
- We offer several opportunities to connect with coworkers each week, both in-person and virtually, including our weekly all-hands meeting.
- You’ll experience Viget at its most vigorous. Whether you’re remote or in an office, you’ll participate in summer activities, challenges, hang-outs, etc.
How to Apply
We are no longer accepting applications to our Summer 2021 Internship. Please feel free to sign up to be notified when we begin accepting applications to next summer's program, or send us an email to introduce yourself.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and we’re committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We value the new perspectives and contributions of each person who joins Viget. In order to meet the diverse needs of our clients and make the digital world better for everyone, we seek to expand the diversity of our team. We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. If you are a person with a disability and require accommodations or assistance during the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Before you get in touch, learn more about Margaret and Emily on Viget's People Team. You can also get to know us better on Twitter, Flickr, Vimeo, Instagram, Facebook, and by exploring pointlesscorp.com.
Viget maintains a drug-free workplace. Please note, we are unable to offer work visa sponsorship at this time.