Data & Analytics Intern
We are no longer accepting applications to our Summer 2021 Internship
Love data? Learn to do powerful things with it, like measure, analyze, and drive digital decisions.
As a Data & Analytics Intern, you'll use data to help clients make smart decisions about their digital strategy, from their information architecture and page design to inbound marketing channels. You'll learn how to plan a measurement strategy, implement analytics tools, analyze data, run split tests, and present compelling findings—both written and visual. You’ll leverage tools such as Google Analytics, Crazy Egg, Optimizely, Google Tag Manager, and Tableau. By the end of the summer, you'll be a certified Google Analytics Qualified Individual, creating comprehensive reports and making recommendations that increase conversions.
But you'll work with more than just analytics. You'll experience the entire process of a digital project, including research, UX, and development by shadowing members of other teams. You'll join client meetings to experience presentations and consultations firsthand, and you'll meet regularly with your Advisor to discuss your progress.
- The Data & Analytics internship is offered in-person at two of our office locations (Falls Church, VA and Durham, NC) and remotely for US-based candidates. Learn more about our Summer 2021 program structure and location options here.
- The internship lasts 10 weeks, from June 7 to August 13.
- Interns usually train for 40 hours/week (9-5, M-F, but we can be flexible).
- Relocation is not provided.
What We Look For (You may not have all of these, and that's okay!)
- You believe data can help transform organizations, and maybe even change the world.
- You have that rare combination of strong analytical chops paired with superb written and oral communication. Not only can you perform quantitative analysis of data, but you can distill your findings clearly and concisely. Whether it’s statistics or grammar, you do it correctly.
- You have significant quantitative coursework and a handle on the core principles of both traditional and interactive marketing. You possess good UX instincts and generate ideas that others find compelling.
- You're passionate about technology. You're the first among your friends to know about the latest trends, methods, and tools in the digital and tech spaces.
- You get things done. No matter what you're doing, you take pride in your work. You enjoy responsibility and you know that real effort pays off daily.
- You are well-organized. You can handle several projects at once without anything slipping through the cracks.
- You enjoy a mix of focused independent work and team collaboration. You can sit down and plow through a challenge on your own, but are equally happy jumping in a room and brainstorming in collaboration with others.
- You have an interest—and maybe even a track record—in data visualization.
- You're currently enrolled in college, preferably as a junior or senior. We also consider graduate students and recent grads in some cases.
- You have top grades and a history of success.
- You have the permanent, legal right to work in the US. We do not sponsor visas.
- We offer a stipend of $2,500/summer, paid monthly on a pro rata basis. Course credit is also an option.
- We provide free coffee, soda, snacks, and one lunch per week to all in-person staff, including interns.
- We offer several opportunities to connect with coworkers each week, both in-person and virtually, including our weekly all-hands meeting.
- You’ll experience Viget at its most vigorous. Whether you’re remote or in an office, you’ll participate in summer activities, challenges, hang-outs, etc.
How to Apply
We are no longer accepting applications to our Summer 2021 Internship. Please feel free to sign up to be notified when we begin accepting applications to next summer's program, or send us an email to introduce yourself.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and we’re committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We value the new perspectives and contributions of each person who joins Viget. In order to meet the diverse needs of our clients and make the digital world better for everyone, we seek to expand the diversity of our team. We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. If you are a person with a disability and require accommodations or assistance during the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Before you get in touch, learn more about Margaret and Emily on Viget's People Team. You can also get to know us better on Twitter, Flickr, Vimeo, Instagram, Facebook, and by exploring pointlesscorp.com.
Viget maintains a drug-free workplace. Please note, we are unable to offer work visa sponsorship at this time.