FALLS CHURCH, VA (HQ)
Love data? Learn to do powerful things with it, like measure, analyze, and drive digital decisions.
As a Data & Analytics Intern, you'll use data to help clients make smart decisions about their digital strategy, from their information architecture and page design to inbound marketing channels. You'll learn how to plan a measurement strategy, implement analytics tools, analyze data, run split tests, and present compelling findings—both written and visual. You’ll leverage tools such as Google Analytics, Crazy Egg, Optimizely, Google Tag Manager, and Tableau. By the end of the summer, you'll be a certified Google Analytics Qualified Individual, creating comprehensive reports and making recommendations that increase conversions.
But you'll work with more than just analytics. You'll experience the entire process of a digital project, including research, UX, and development by shadowing members of other teams. You'll join client meetings to experience presentations and consultations firsthand, and you'll meet regularly with your Advisor to discuss your progress.
- The Data & Analytics internship is offered at our Falls Church, VA office.
- The internship lasts 8 weeks, from June 15 to August 7, 2020.
- Interns usually train for 40 hours/week (9-5, M-F, but we can be flexible).
- Relocation is not provided.
What We Look For (You may not have all of these, and that's okay!)
- You believe data can help transform organizations, and maybe even change the world.
- You have that rare combination of strong analytical chops paired with superb written and oral communication. Not only can you perform quantitative analysis of data, but you can distill your findings clearly and concisely. Whether it’s statistics or grammar, you do it correctly.
- You have significant quantitative coursework and a handle on the core principles of both traditional and interactive marketing. You possess good UX instincts and generate ideas that others find compelling.
- You're passionate about technology. You're the first among your friends to know about the latest trends, methods, and tools in the digital and tech spaces.
- You get things done. No matter what you're doing, you take pride in your work. You enjoy responsibility and you know that real effort pays off daily.
- You are well-organized. You can handle several projects at once without anything slipping through the cracks.
- You enjoy a mix of focused independent work and team collaboration. You can sit down and plow through a challenge on your own, but are equally happy jumping in a room and brainstorming in collaboration with others.
- You have an interest—and maybe even a track record—in data visualization.
- You have top grades and a history of success.
- You're currently enrolled in a four-year academic institution, preferably as a junior or senior. We also consider graduate students and recent grads in some cases.
- You have the permanent, legal right to work in the US. We do not sponsor visas.
- We offer a stipend of $2,500/summer, paid monthly on a pro rata basis. Course credit is also an option.
- We provide free soft drinks and snacks as other perks of a modern office environment.
- We hold Free Lunch Fridays (our weekly all-hands meeting).
- You’ll experience Viget at its most vigorous. Think: summer activities, challenges, hang-outs, etc.
How to Apply
Please use the form below to introduce yourself. The form goes directly to Margaret, so feel free to write it as an email to her. She will reply as soon as possible. You should include specifics about how your coursework and experience relate to the internship, and why you want to spend your summer at Viget. Examples of your work are also much appreciated. Please also attach your resume.
Before you get in touch, learn more about Margaret and Erica on Viget's People Team. You can also get to know us better on Twitter, Flickr, Vimeo, Instagram, Facebook, and by exploring pointlesscorp.com.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Viget maintains a drug-free workplace. Please note, we are unable to offer work visa sponsorship at this time.