FALLS CHURCH, VA (HQ)
People do read online— they just don't read boring stuff online. Learn how to write copy people will love.
Viget is a creative place. We create amazing digital experiences for clients, in part by telling compelling stories that strengthen the connection between our client’s brands and their customers. As our Copywriter Intern, you’ll work closely with our Copywriting Team to learn about this form of storytelling and about the workings of a digital agency in general. You’ll take part in brainstorming sessions. You’ll collaborate with our Design and User Experience teams. And, throughout the summer, you’ll meet regularly with your Advisor to identify and make progress on personalized learning goals.
- The Copywriter internship is offered at our HQ office in Falls Church, VA.
- The internship lasts 8 weeks, from June 15 to August 7, 2020.
- Interns usually train for 40 hours/week (9-5, M-F, but we can be flexible).
- Relocation is not provided.
What We Look For (You may not have all of these, and that's okay!)
- You’re smart. You can quickly understand complex subjects and have a knack for explaining them succinctly in writing or speaking.
- You write and speak well. You take pride in the quality of your writing and can help others improve as well. You have an opinion about the Oxford Comma and double spaces after periods, and you know you’re right.
- You are an amazing storyteller.
- While not exactly a requirement, we'd love to see relevant coursework in subjects like copywriting, web writing, concept development, brand and content strategy, or strategic and creative thinking. If you’ve studied IA/web design, that’s a bonus.
- You want to become a professional copywriter when you graduate.
- You’re a web person, and an early-adopter at that.
- You’re organized. Good content is tight. Succinct. Logical. Structured. You reflect these qualities in your work habits.
- You have top grades or a track record of success.
- You are currently enrolled in a four-year academic institution, preferably as a junior or senior. We also consider graduate students and recent grads in some cases.
- You have the permanent, legal right to work in the US. We do not sponsor visas.
- We offer a stipend of $2,500/summer, paid monthly on a pro rata basis. Course credit is also an option.
- We provide free soft drinks and snacks as other perks of a modern office environment.
- We hold Free Lunch Fridays (our weekly all-hands meeting).
- You’ll experience Viget at its most vigorous. Think: summer activities, challenges, hang-outs, etc.
How to Apply:
Please use the form below to introduce yourself. The form goes directly to Margaret, so feel free to write it as an email to her. She will reply as soon as possible. You should include specifics about how your coursework and experience relate to the internship, and why you want to spend your summer at Viget. Examples of your work are also much appreciated. Please also attach your resume.
Before you get in touch, learn more about Margaret and Erica on Viget's People Team. You can also get to know us better on Twitter, Flickr, Vimeo, Instagram, Facebook, and by exploring pointlesscorp.com.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Viget maintains a drug-free workplace. Please note, we are unable to offer work visa sponsorship at this time.