FALLS CHURCH, VA (HQ)
People do read online— they just don't read boring stuff online. Learn how to write copy people will love.
Viget is a creative place. We create amazing digital experiences for clients, in part by telling compelling stories that strengthen the connection between our client’s brands and their customers. As our Copywriter Intern, you’ll work closely with our Copywriting Team to learn about this form of storytelling and about the workings of a digital agency in general. You’ll take part in brainstorming sessions. You’ll collaborate with our Design and User Experience teams. And, throughout the summer, you’ll meet regularly with your Advisor to identify and make progress on personalized learning goals.
- The Copywriter internship is offered at our Headquarters in Falls Church, VA.
- The internship lasts 10 weeks.
- Interns usually train for 40 hours/week (9-5, M-F, but we can be flexible).
- Relocation is not provided.
What We Look For (You may not have all of these, and that's okay!)
- You’re smart. You can quickly understand complex subjects and have a knack for explaining them succinctly in writing or speaking.
- You write and speak well. You take pride in the quality of your writing and can help others improve as well. You have an opinion about the Oxford Comma and double spaces after periods, and you know you’re right.
- You are an amazing storyteller.
- While not exactly a requirement, we'd love to see relevant coursework in subjects like copywriting, web writing, concept development, brand and content strategy, or strategic and creative thinking. If you’ve studied IA/web design, that’s a bonus.
- You want to become a professional copywriter when you graduate.
- You’re a web person, and an early-adopter at that. You’re active on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and maybe SnapChat. You have a Mac and an iPhone (or want one).
- You’re organized. Good content is tight. Succinct. Logical. Structured. You reflect these qualities in your work habits.
- You have top grades or a track record of success.
- You are currently enrolled in a four-year academic institution, preferably as a junior or senior. We also consider graduate students.
- You have the permanent, legal right to work in the US. We do not sponsor visas.
- We offer a stipend of $2,500/summer, paid monthly on a pro rata basis. Course credit is also an option.
- We provide free soft drinks and snacks.
- We hold Free Lunch Fridays (our weekly all-hands meeting).
- You’ll join our Third Third Thursday event (a quarterly company-wide off-site meeting, which will take place in July).
- You’ll experience Viget at its most vigorous. Think: summer activities, challenges, hang-outs, etc.
How to Apply:
We are no longer accepting applications for our Summer 2019 internship. Check back in early 2020 for information on our 2020 Summer Internship, or take a look over our apprenticeship program.
Before you get in touch, learn more about Emily and Erica on Viget's People Team. You can also get to know us better on Twitter, Flickr, Vimeo, Instagram, Facebook, and by exploring pointlesscorp.com.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Viget maintains a drug-free workplace. Please note, we are unable to offer work visa sponsorship at this time.