We are no longer accepting applications to our Summer 2021 Internship.
People do read online— they just don't read boring stuff online. Learn how to write copy people will love.
Viget is a creative place. We create amazing digital experiences for clients, in part by telling compelling stories that strengthen the connection between our clients' brands and their customers. As our Branding Intern, you’ll work closely with our Branding Team to learn about this form of storytelling and about the workings of a digital agency in general. You’ll take part in brainstorming sessions. You’ll collaborate with our Design and User Experience teams. And, throughout the summer, you’ll meet regularly with your Advisor to identify and make progress on personalized learning goals.
- The Branding internship is offered in-person at our Falls Church, VA office and remotely for US-based candidates. Learn more about our Summer 2021 program structure and location options here.
- The internship lasts 10 weeks, from June 7 to August 13.
- Interns usually train for 40 hours/week (9-5, M-F, but we can be flexible).
- Relocation is not provided.
What We Look For (You may not have all of these, and that's okay!)
- You’re smart. You can quickly understand complex subjects and have a knack for explaining them succinctly in writing or speaking.
- You write and speak well. You take pride in the quality of your writing and can help others improve as well. You have an opinion about the Oxford Comma and double spaces after periods, and you know you’re right.
- You are an amazing storyteller.
- While not exactly a requirement, we'd love to see relevant coursework in subjects like copywriting, web writing, concept development, brand and content strategy, or strategic and creative thinking. If you’ve studied IA/web design, that’s a bonus.
- You want to become a professional copywriter when you graduate.
- You’re a web person, and an early-adopter at that.
- You’re organized. Good content is tight. Succinct. Logical. Structured. You reflect these qualities in your work habits.
- You are currently enrolled in college, preferably as a junior or senior. We also consider graduate students and recent grads in some cases.
- You have top grades or a track record of success.
- You have the permanent, legal right to work in the US. We are unable to sponsor visas at this time.
- We offer a stipend of $2,500/summer, paid monthly on a pro rata basis. Course credit is also an option.
- We provide free coffee, soda, snacks, and one lunch per week to all in-person staff, including interns.
- We offer several opportunities to connect with coworkers each week, both in-person and virtually, including our weekly all-hands meeting.
- You’ll experience Viget at its most vigorous. Whether you’re remote or in an office, you’ll participate in summer activities, challenges, hang-outs, etc.
How to Apply:
We are no longer accepting applications to our Summer 2021 Internship. Please feel free to sign up to be notified when we begin accepting applications to next summer's program, or send us an email to introduce yourself.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and we’re committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We value the new perspectives and contributions of each person who joins Viget. In order to meet the diverse needs of our clients and make the digital world better for everyone, we seek to expand the diversity of our team. We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. If you are a person with a disability and require accommodations or assistance during the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Before you get in touch, learn more about Margaret and Emily on Viget's People Team. You can also get to know us better on Twitter, Flickr, Vimeo, Instagram, Facebook, and by exploring pointlesscorp.com.
Viget maintains a drug-free workplace. Please note, we are unable to offer work visa sponsorship at this time.