Viget is a digital agency /software development shop headquartered in Falls Church, VA with offices in Durham, NC and Boulder, CO. We've been at it since 1999 and have earned a solid reputation as a rare firm that does both great design and development work when building award-winning websites. We work with early-stage web startups, as well as established non-profits and for-profits.
Our UX Designers:
- Collaborate with their peers to design high quality digital products and websites.
- Never tire of using creative user research methods to gather critical insights about what users really need.
- Have an innate sense of – and strong opinion about – good usability when it comes to web applications. Are also able to clearly express their opinions in ways that build consensus.
- Articulate complex ideas, then document them (using appropriately chosen, informed deliverables such as sketches, wireframes, prototypes, site maps, user flow, personas, and scenarios) to drive decisions and reach a shared understanding.
- Expertly present recommendations – to team members and clients, alike – on elements such as functionality, content, and navigation that are considerate of project scope and timeline.
- Enjoy working with agile development teams on software applications, and helping those clients focus on realistic deliverables.
- Meet deadlines without breaking a sweat (okay, maybe a little sweat).
- Take pride in listening, communicating, and collaborating exceptionally well.
- Understand established interactive technologies and possess the limitless curiosity to learn about new ones.
To be considered to work at Viget, you should exhibit these characteristics too.
In a given week, our UX Designers might be:
- Interviewing online shoppers to understand how they use bargain sites to get the best deal on a purchase.
- Facilitating a discussion with the client’s team, helping them evaluate which product concepts to build.
- Heads down, deep in a complex spreadsheet, exploring ways to better organize site content.
- In front of a whiteboard with the rest of the project team (visual designer, project manager, developer, data analyst) to re-think the UI for a complex feature.
UX Designers must also:
- Have at least 2 years of professional, post-collegiate experience.
- Have a BA, BS, BFA, or equivalent work experience in areas such as human-computer interaction, information science, graphic or industrial design, computer science, fine arts, social sciences such as psychology, or another related field.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume, examples of your work, and a thoughtful email that includes specifics about your responsibilities and how you approach your work to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your salary requirements. Right now, we're open to considering UX designers with varying levels of experience at any of our office locations, but our preference is to hire someone to our headquarters in the DC metro area.
Before you get in touch, learn more about Emily on Viget's People Team. You can also get to know us better on Twitter, Flickr, Vimeo, Instagram, Facebook, and by exploring pointlesscorp.com. And, of course, you should read Jackson's thoughts on making a strong UX portfolio.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Viget maintains a drug-free workplace. Please note, we are unable to offer work visa sponsorship at this time.