Viget is a digital agency /software development shop headquartered in Falls Church, VA with offices in Durham, NC and Boulder, CO. We've been at it since 1999 and have earned a solid reputation as a rare firm that does both great design and development work when building award-winning websites. We work with early-stage web startups, as well as established non-profits and for-profits.
Our UX Designers:
- Collaborate with their peers to design high quality digital products and websites.
- Never tire of using creative user research methods to gather critical insights about what users really need.
- Have an innate sense of – and strong opinion about – good usability when it comes to web applications. Are also able to clearly express their opinions in ways that build consensus.
- Articulate complex ideas, then document them (using appropriately chosen, informed deliverables such as sketches, wireframes, prototypes, site maps, user flow, personas, and scenarios) to drive decisions and reach a shared understanding.
- Expertly present recommendations – to team members and clients, alike – on elements such as functionality, content, and navigation that are considerate of project scope and timeline.
- Enjoy working with agile development teams on software applications, and helping those clients focus on realistic deliverables.
- Meet deadlines without breaking a sweat (okay, maybe a little sweat).
- Take pride in listening, communicating, and collaborating exceptionally well.
- Understand established interactive technologies and possess the limitless curiosity to learn about new ones.
To be considered to work at Viget, you should exhibit these characteristics too.
In a given week, our UX Designers might be:
- Interviewing online shoppers to understand how they use bargain sites to get the best deal on a purchase.
- Facilitating a discussion with the client’s team, helping them evaluate which product concepts to build.
- Heads down, deep in a complex spreadsheet, exploring ways to better organize site content.
- In front of a whiteboard with the rest of the project team (visual designer, project manager, developer, data analyst) to re-think the UI for a complex feature.
UX Designers must also:
- Have at least 2 years of professional, post-collegiate experience.
- Have a BA, BS, BFA, or equivalent work experience in areas such as human-computer interaction, information science, graphic or industrial design, computer science, fine arts, social sciences such as psychology, or another related field.
How to Apply:
Please use the form below to introduce yourself. The form goes directly to Erica, so feel free to write it as an email to her. She (or Emily) will reply as soon as possible. We ask that everyone attach their resume and submit a thoughtful “cover letter,” which we hope will include specifics about how your previous experience relates to the position description and why you want to work at Viget. Examples of your previous work are also much appreciated.
Before you get in touch, learn more about Emily and Erica on Viget's People Team. You can also get to know us better on Twitter, Flickr, Vimeo, Instagram, Facebook, and by exploring pointlesscorp.com.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Viget maintains a drug-free workplace. Please note, we are unable to offer work visa sponsorship at this time.