We are no longer accepting applications to our Winter 2021 cohort.
Viget’s UX team uses research, strategy, and design to help clients build useful and usable websites and apps. Our clients range from early-stage startups to established companies and nonprofits.
As an apprentice, you'll participate in all aspects of the UX process, including concept development, user research, content strategy, information architecture, and interaction design. You'll work alongside a dedicated mentor and gain valuable exposure to client projects and deliverables. You’ll join meetings, including client presentations and design consultations. And, throughout the program, you'll meet regularly with your advisor to identify and make progress on personalized learning goals.
- The User Experience Design Apprenticeship is offered as a remote position this year for US-based candidates.
- The apprenticeship lasts 10 weeks, from January 19 to March 26, 2021.
- Apprentices are expected to work 40 hours/week (9-5, M-F, but we can be flexible).
- Total compensation of $6,000.
- You must have the permanent, legal right to work in the US. We are unable to offer work visa sponsorship at this time.
About You (You may not be all of these things yet, and that's okay!):
- You have some professional experience in a design- or digital-related field, or you’ve recently graduated from a UX or design training course.
- You want to make technology more useful and usable. You get frustrated when things don’t work well and want to make them better.
- You ask “why” often because you like sussing out problems and aren’t afraid to ask questions. You’re driven to keep on learning; you don’t know all the answers, but you know how to find them.
- The web is your medium. You get excited about all the possibilities that digital technologies present to solve complex problems.
- You’re familiar with design and wireframing tools (like XD, Sketch, Figma, or Whimsical) to communicate your ideas or are confident in your ability to quickly become comfortable with these tools.
- You don’t use the same process every time you approach a problem. You think critically about which tools and methods would be best suited to solve this particular problem most efficiently.
- You can explain your rationale for the creative decisions you make because you’ve considered them carefully.
- You are a blend of analytical and creative. You are happy to pore over research to better understand users, and those insights motivate you to consider several designs to solve the problem at hand.
- You like finding the bounds of a problem. When you realize the constraints of the technology, time, or budget, you are able to rework or reconsider your solutions.
- You get things done. No matter what you're doing, you take pride in your work. You enjoy responsibility and you know that real effort pays off daily.
- You also take pride in listening, communicating, and collaborating exceptionally well.
What You’ll Learn:
- You’ll learn how to effectively communicate with teammates and clients, through the lens of being a consultant and problem solver at your core.
- You’ll help conduct research and discovery at the onset of a project and dive deep into a client’s industry and business challenges.
- You’ll collaborate with designers, copywriters, developers, digital analysts, and project managers to define strategies and concepts to address those challenges. Often, you’ll be the one to identify these challenges, too.
- You’ll learn how content strategy fits into a redesign strategy, and how it complements a usable, thoughtful information architecture.
- You’ll evaluate interfaces and audit sites for usability issues, and practice how to present your findings and recommendations.
- You’ll experiment with a range of prototyping tools, including Invision, Principle, and/or code, to help convey interactions to your team and test your designs with users.
- You’ll hone your interaction design skills, working in tools like Figma and Whimsical.
- Best of all, you’ll work alongside multi-disciplinary teams to produce amazing digital products and platforms.
How to Apply:
We are no longer accepting applications to our Winter 2021 cohort. We’ll begin sharing info on our Fall 2021 program in the summer of 2021. In the meantime, if you’re interested in our program, feel free to send us an email to introduce yourself.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and we’re committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We value the new perspectives and contributions of each person who joins Viget. In order to meet the diverse needs of our clients and make the digital world better for everyone, we seek to expand the diversity of our team. We designed the Viget Apprenticeship for individuals early in their careers and career changers to accelerate their professional development in their chosen field, and we encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply.
Before you get in touch, feel free to learn more about Emily and Margaret on Viget's People Team. You can also get to know us better on Twitter, Flickr, Vimeo, Instagram, Facebook, Dribbble, and by exploring pointlesscorp.com.
We maintain a drug-free workplace. We are unable to offer work visa sponsorship at this time.