UI Development Manager
Viget is an independent digital agency that has been branding, designing, and building digital products and platforms since 1999. Our culture is ideal for lifelong learners seeking a variety of meaningful work, supportive collaboration with positive teammates, and a healthy work/life balance. We work from four sweet offices (hybrid) and remote locations throughout the U.S., and utilize a proven cadence of virtual and in-person meetings and retreats to build comradery and stay connected. We love our team.
Our UI Development Manager will manage up to 5 team members, support their skill development, and help them achieve their career goals. You will collaborate with the team Director to influence development best practices at Viget, project planning and outcomes, and the overall success of the company. In addition, you will also contribute to client work as a senior-level developer.
At Viget, developers work alongside industry-leading project and product managers, interface and product designers, and other developers to create and build out visually rich digital experiences and compelling products. We collaborate with our clients from major brands to world-changing nonprofits to emerging startups and tech leaders. Viget == variety.
As a Manager, you will:
- Be part of our “player / coach” model by contributing to client work while also being a manager. Project workload varies based on number of direct reports. Managers’ technical skills remain sharp while they support and shape the career paths of others.
- Work closely with an experienced and collaborative Director who will share people management responsibilities.
- Provide regular 1:1 support to your direct reports, mentoring them in their technical and consultative skill development.
- Facilitate the annual performance review process for your direct reports, helping to create a meaningful career path for them.
- Assist with project staffing and coach reports through their project challenges.
- Assist with monthly knowledge-sharing sessions, team meetings, annual team offsites, and general leadership at the team level.
- Participate in monthly management team meetings.
- Influence, champion, and assist with internal initiatives and company events.
- Have around 8+ years of technical experience as well as a track record of team leadership, mentorship, or prior management experience.
Our UI Developers:
- Find joy and challenge in building smart interfaces from designs and wireframes.
- Enjoy keeping up with the ever-evolving landscape of front-end technologies, while staying pragmatic about what to invest their time and energy in.
- Take pride in building visually-accurate designs and are able to collaborate with designers to cover the bases of screen sizes and create delightful interactions.
- Are passionate about digital accessibility and creating websites that work for everyone.
- Can work within Craft, WordPress, or other PHP-based CMS platforms to build templates and interact with data.
- Care about modern best practices, including code reviews, continuous integration and deployment, and iterative development.
- Embody our core values of integrity, work ethic, collaboration, creativity, and lifelong learning (especially important as we continually evaluate and embrace new technologies).
- Value mentorship, learning, and sharing knowledge.
- Enjoy working with others in our collaborative environment that balances team-wide communication (e.g., standups, Slack discussions, code review), occasional pair programming sessions, and frequent blocks of focused, uninterrupted time for independent work.
- Listen, collaborate, and communicate exceptionally well.
Everyone at Viget:
- Embodies our core values of integrity, work ethic, collaboration, creativity, and lifelong learning (especially important as we continually evaluate and embrace new technologies).
- Values mentorship, learning, and sharing knowledge.
- Writes and speaks clearly and effectively when collaborating with teammates and clients.
- Believes in and supports our commitment to building a diverse and inclusive company.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Annual base salary of $110,000 - $140,000 per year depending on location, skills, and experience
- Additional comp available via spot performance bonuses, sales referrals, and new hire referrals
- 401(k) retirement plan matching up to 4%
- 100% company-paid health and dental coverage for you and your family
- Stipends for wellness (apps, gyms, etc.) and connectivity (mobile phone or home internet)
- 15 days PTO (20 after 2 years), 9 paid holidays, and 2 community service days per year
- Up to $2,000/year in conference and training (professional development) budget
How to Apply:
Introduce yourself using this application form. Our recruiter, Katie, will respond typically within a day or two.
Please attach your resume and submit a cover letter discussing why you want to work at Viget, and how your previous experience relates to the position described. Examples of your previous work are also much appreciated. We encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications and are actively seeking people from underrepresented groups to join our team.
We maintain a drug-free workplace. We are unable to offer work visa sponsorship at this time.
Viget is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace where all of us feel valued and heard. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, socioeconomic status, religion, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics. If you have any questions or need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Washington DC Metro
Our headquarters is minutes from DC in Falls Church, VA.
The Durham office is centrally located in a growing city with a thriving culture.
One of the nation’s tech capitals, Boulder attracts some of the brightest talent around.
Our newest office location is known for its charm and a booming tech scene.
Remote, USAWe’ve had distributed teams for years, but now we’re more remote-friendly than ever: work from home, from the office, or a combination.Learn More
Thanks for your interest. We look forward to hearing from you!