Viget is a digital agency /software development shop headquartered in Falls Church, VA with offices in Durham, NC and Boulder, CO. We've been at it since 1999 and have earned a solid reputation as a rare firm that does both great design and development work when building award-winning websites. We work with early-stage startups, as well as established non-profits and for-profits.
At Viget, we know that our greatest asset is our talented team. Accordingly, we have extremely high standards when it comes to recruiting. We're committed to nurturing a positive culture where hard-working, highly-specialized professionals collaborate with each other and with clients to build amazing things. We are a slow-growth company where we focus on the quality, not just quantity, of candidates and the efficacy, not just efficiency, of our evaluation process. We're looking for a smart, conscientious person to help execute and improve our recruiting and hiring processes. This person will have a significant impact on our team, culture, and long-term success.
We're looking for someone who will:
- Help write job descriptions (like this one) and post ads for jobs in various places (like here).
- Help review and respond to incoming applicants, deducing who shows promise and who doesn't, but being equally responsive to everyone.
- Follow our well-defined process for organizing and keeping track of applicants. (We use Highrise.)
- Conduct phone interviews for promising candidates during which you'll need to build rapport, represent Viget well, and figure out if they'd fit in well on the team.
- Plan and schedule in-person interviews with the team.
- Solicit and organize feedback from the team about candidates who have interviewed.
- Improve our evaluation and hiring process so it is as efficient, effective, and positive as possible.
- Help think of creative ways to get Viget on the radar of the most talented people in the industry.
- Help us use Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, Snapchat, and all the rest to our full advantage.
- Collaborate with the rest of the company to improve how we talk about Viget and how we evaluate candidates.
- Identify and attend appropriate industry events (primarily local) where potential hires might be.
- Report to, support, challenge, learn from, and inspire our People Director (who shares the recruiting work), Emily Bloom.
- Help make the work of our entire People Team as impactful as possible through our events, training, and various internal initiatives that both encourage new people to join and current team members to stay.
We're looking for someone who is:
- Trustworthy. You must have integrity and discretion. If you’re inclined to gossip, you’re not The One.
- Friendly, personable, and easy to talk to.
- An extremely good listener.
- Considerate and conscientious; anyone who knows you would say you're "a very nice person."
- Comfortable talking to different types of people and able to set them at ease.
- Enthusiastic about the web and working with technical people.
- Open, perhaps even warm-hearted, towards nerd culture and general geekery.
- Collaborative. You’d love to work closely with Emily on recruiting challenges, as well as with other members of the Viget team, including our founders.
- Interested in more than just a job; you're the kind of person who believes in and will reflect the core values that make Viget awesome.
The right person also has all of these skills:
- Intelligence: you're smart and come across as confident and insightful. You may not yet know a lot about Viget services and the roles we hire for, but you’re eager to learn and confident you’ll be able to pick it up.
- Critical thinking: you dissect problems, pull out key information, and can propose solutions.
- Good judgment: you are thorough and decisive.
- Leadership: you have a track record for taking initiative and helping groups of people hit shared goals.
- Written communication: you write clearly, succinctly, and with correct grammar.
- Verbal communication: you are articulate and engaging. People like talking and brainstorming with you (including people with skills and experiences very different from yours)
- Organized: you are reliably organized and manage a full plate without significant signs of stress.
The ideal candidate will also:
- Have a bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
- Have 0-3 years professional experience (you may not have much professional experience, but you need to exude professionalism).
- Demonstrate evidence of being a high-achiever.
How To Apply
Please send your resume and a thoughtful email about why you think you’d be great at this job to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include specifics about how your previous experience aligns with our job description, as well as your salary requirements. We’re open to considering applicants to any of our three offices.
Before you get in touch, learn more about Viget's recruiting and hiring practices by reading some of Emily’s blog posts. You can get to know us better on Twitter, Flickr, Vimeo, Instagram, LinkedIn, and by exploring pointlesscorp.com.
Compensation is commensurate with experience. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We look forward to meeting you!