Product Manager Apprentice
This role was offered during our Fall 2022 cohort as described below and may change in future cohorts.
At Viget, Product Managers are experts in building digital products. They work collaboratively with clients to understand organizational goals, define solutions, answer hard questions, and ensure the overall quality of a product. As our Product Manager Apprentice, you'll gain exposure to agile methodologies and experience the entire process of a digital project, including product design and development, by working with and shadowing members of other teams to learn just what it takes to bring digital products to life. Viget’s Product Manager Apprenticeship is designed to provide practical knowledge and experience for recent graduates of a Product Management program or coding bootcamp, 4-year degree program, and, in some cases, motivated self-taught individuals.
As an apprentice, you'll be part of the Project Management team and work alongside a dedicated advisor. You’ll shadow other Product Managers, gain exposure to client projects and deliverables, contribute to projects when you’re ready, and experience the cadence and pace of a full-time job at a digital agency. Throughout the program, you'll meet regularly with your advisor to track progress on personalized learning goals.
- The program lasts 14 weeks, from September 12 to December 16.
- You must be available for the full 14 weeks and to travel for our fall TTT October 11-15. Travel costs are covered by Viget.
- Apprentices can work from home or from one of our offices, or a combination of both. Our offices are in Falls Church, VA; Durham, NC; Boulder, CO; and Chattanooga, TN.
- You are expected to work 40 hours/week (generally 9am-5pm your local time, M-F).
- Total compensation is $8,400. Apprentices do not receive health benefits.
- If working from home, you need a stable internet connection and a quiet workspace.
- Apprentices must have the permanent, legal right to work in the United States and must live in the United States.
About You (You may not be all of these things yet, and that's okay!):
- You are eager to learn across disciplines. You’d enjoy working alongside developers and product designers, to learn how we produce quality digital products and software.
- You are known for your organizational prowess. You have an awareness of and appreciation for details.
- You're passionate about technology. You're the first among your friends to know about the latest trends, methods, and tools in the web and tech industries.
- While not a requirement, prior experience in or exposure to software development is a bonus.
- You are not afraid to tackle big problems, and you know that often the best approach is to break them into smaller pieces.
- You are a graduate of a bootcamp or relevant college degree program, or you’re highly self-motivated and self-taught. You’re eager to work with an advisor / mentor.
You are proactive and get things done. You manage your time effectively. No matter what you're doing, you take pride in your work.
You are a clear communicator verbally and in writing. You’re a good listener and enjoy collaborating.
What You’ll Learn:
- How the tech you love actually works: what needs to happen to create websites and digital products?
- How to work with clients: who are clients anyway? How can we communicate with, teach and work with them to create quality, purposeful digital products that solve their problems?
- How to champion software development methodologies and best practices, plan sprints, retros, and write user stories.
- How to work with makers: what does it mean to be a maker? How can we help developers and designers do their best work?
- How to solve problems: big problems, small problems, tech problems, people problems—you will learn how to find solutions and make decisions that set the vision, tone, and pace of projects.
- Your own talents in our industry: where do you make your most positive impact? Which part of Internet-building do you love most? Maybe it’s being a Product Manager. Maybe it’s something else. After 14 weeks, you’ll know.
- The value of close mentorship: you will closely shadow a full-time Product Manager, learning the day-to-day nuances of the Project Manager role and agency life.
How to Get in Touch:
We are no longer accepting applicants to our Fall 2022 cohort, but please feel free to send us an email to introduce yourself.
Before you get in touch, feel free to learn more about us on Twitter, Flickr, Vimeo, Instagram, and by exploring pointlesscorp.com.
Viget is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace where all of us feel valued and heard. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, socioeconomic status, religion, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics. If you have any questions or need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email email@example.com.
We maintain a drug-free workplace. We are unable to offer work visa sponsorship at this time.