Viget is a digital agency / software development shop headquartered just outside of Washington, DC, (in Falls Church, VA) with additional offices in Durham, NC, and Boulder, CO. We've been at it since 1999 and have earned a solid reputation as a rare firm that does both great design and development work when building digital products and marketing platforms. We are well known for both our award-winning work and our positive company culture.
We are looking for a smart, organized, and professional problem-solver to join the People Operations Team at our Falls Church headquarters. On a daily basis, you will be held to high standards, face new challenges, and see your influence on the company. Our People Operations Coordinator role is not for the meek or apathetic; this position requires confidence, creativity, grit, and compassion. The previous title for the role was Office Manager, and we’ve updated it because we’ve realized it’s much more than that. Responsibilities include all those usually associated with office management, as well as anything from organizing chili cookoffs to interior design to health and wellness counseling, and whatever else comes up. No two days are alike, and there is no limit to the ways you can help make Viget awesome.
- Understand how important this role is to our work and culture and would embrace the opportunity to make a lasting impact.
- Are an authentic people person. You enjoy interacting with coworkers, clients, job candidates, and guests.
- Are organized, detail-oriented, and find satisfaction in juggling recurring daily tasks with many ongoing projects.
- Are trustworthy with confidential information, reliable in terms of deadlines, and dependable to your peers — you do what you say you’ll do.
- Are helpful and service-oriented by nature. You’re positive, high-energy, and proactive about helping others whenever and however you can.
- Love learning new skills and are excited about Viget’s focus on lifelong learning and career development.
- Enjoy research assignments. You’re good at digging into a topic, summarizing options, and making recommendations on the best way to proceed.
- Are well-spoken and have an excellent command of the English language when you speak and write.
- Are a proficient web user, comfortable with web-based software tools such as Gmail, Google Docs, Slack, and Basecamp. You also know your way around a spreadsheet.
- Have an interest in the creative tech industry, a passion for Viget’s core values, and would be excited to support us in delivering great work to our clients.
- Lead our efforts to make our offices as enjoyable, productive, and inspiring as they can be. As a key part of our People Team, you’ll think of creative ways to make Viget an awesome place to work.
- Monitor and maintain office supplies, drinks, snacks, and anything else needed.
- Greet visitors, answer the phone, and accept deliveries.
- Provide travel support to our team (e.g., research and book flights and hotels).
- Help research, plan, and run quarterly company team-building events as well as occasional staff happy hours.
- Plan and help host industry-related community events in our office.
- Support our other offices with any supplies or services which can be managed remotely.
- Perform miscellaneous special projects or research efforts as assigned.
- Do the little things that ensure the office runs well — distribute mail, set up for meetings, water plants, etc.
- Be a visible, active, social part of our company culture — someone everyone finds approachable and helpful.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Able to work independently with little oversight.
- Able to maintain confidential information.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- A somewhat flexible schedule to accommodate (occasional) early mornings or late evenings.
- A valid driver’s license and consistent access to a car for errands (non-commute mileage can be reimbursed).
Before you apply, we encourage you to take the time to get inspired by descriptions of our former Office Manager, Khanh, and our current Office Manager, Aubrey. Here are some blog posts to give you a general sense of our culture, our values, and the job.
How to Apply:
Please attach your resume and write a thoughtful note about why you want to work at Viget, and how your previous experience relates to the position described.
Before you get in touch, learn more about Emily, Erica, and Margaret on Viget's People Team. You can also get to know us better on Twitter, Flickr, Vimeo, Instagram, Facebook, and by exploring pointlesscorp.com.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Viget maintains a drug-free workplace. Please note, we are unable to offer work visa sponsorship at this time.