People Operations Apprentice
We are no longer accepting applications to our Winter 2021 cohort.
People Operations at Viget encompasses managing operations and events across four offices and remotely; helping to build our talented teams through recruiting and hiring; and creating meaningful opportunities for learning, professional growth, and engagement.
As an apprentice, you’ll learn about each of these important elements of our People Team by shadowing and contributing to projects, helping you to identify the specialty that most interests you. And, throughout the program, you’ll meet regularly with your advisor to identify and make progress on personalized learning goals.
- The People Operations Apprenticeship is offered as a remote position this year for US-based candidates.
- The apprenticeship lasts 10 weeks, from January 19 to March 26, 2021.
- Apprentices are expected to work 40 hours/week (9-5, M-F, but we can be flexible).
- Total compensation of $6,000.
- You must have the permanent, legal right to work in the US. We are unable to offer work visa sponsorship at this time.
About You (You may not be all of these things yet, and that's okay!):
- You are interested in People Operations (recruiting, learning & development, and/or employee engagement) as a career path.
- You are an authentic people person and enjoy interacting with classmates, coworkers, and/or clients.
- You have an interest in the creative tech industry.
- You are organized and detail oriented.
- You are trustworthy with confidential information, reliable in terms of deadlines, and dependable to your peers.
- You are proactive. You step up to challenges with confidence, optimism, and energy, and you have a knack for solving problems before others even notice them.
- You like learning new skills and are excited about Viget’s focus on lifelong learning and career development.
- You enjoy research assignments. You’re good at digging into a topic, summarizing options, and making recommendations on the best way to proceed.
- You take pride in listening, communicating, and collaborating exceptionally well.
What You’ll Learn:
- You’ll learn how to contribute to and lead efforts to make Viget a productive, inspiring, and rewarding work environment.
- You’ll help research, plan, and run virtual company team-building events and occasional staff happy hours and other social events.
- You’ll dive into projects, like designing new ways to acknowledge milestones or celebrate company achievements.
- You’ll learn how we proactively advertise our roles and source candidates and how we organize and keep track of applicants using Lever.
- You’ll participate in the initial review of applicants, learning to deduce who shows promise and who doesn't, while being equally respectful and responsive to everyone.
- You’ll shadow phone interviews with promising candidates and learn how we build rapport, represent Viget well, and form an initial opinion about whether they’d be a fit.
- You’ll learn how we solicit and organize feedback from our teams about candidates who have interviewed.
- Employee Engagement
- You’ll explore new ways to demonstrate our commitment to diversity and inclusion, and help expand and improve initiatives like Healthy Viget, GOOD talks, community service days, and more.
- You’ll help make the work of our entire People Team as impactful as possible through our events, training, and various internal initiatives that both encourage new people to join and current team members to stay.
How to Apply:
We are no longer accepting applications to our Winter 2021 cohort. We’ll begin sharing info on our Fall 2021 program in the summer of 2021. In the meantime, if you’re interested in our program, feel free to send us an email to introduce yourself.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and we’re committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We value the new perspectives and contributions of each person who joins Viget. In order to meet the diverse needs of our clients and make the digital world better for everyone, we seek to expand the diversity of our team. We designed the Viget Apprenticeship for individuals early in their careers and career changers to accelerate their professional development in their chosen field, and we encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply.
Before you get in touch, feel free to learn more about Emily and Margaret on Viget's People Team. You can also get to know us better on Twitter, Flickr, Vimeo, Instagram, Facebook, Dribbble, and by exploring pointlesscorp.com.
We maintain a drug-free workplace. We are unable to offer work visa sponsorship at this time.