Viget is a digital agency headquartered just outside of Washington, DC in Falls Church, VA with additional offices in Durham, NC and Boulder, CO. Our designers, engineers, data analysts, and project managers build digital products and platforms for clients ranging from emerging start-ups (like Konfab and TrackPacer) to non-profits (like Wildlife Conservation Society and World Wildlife Fund) to global brands (like ESPN and Dick’s Sporting Goods). We are well known for both our award-winning work and our positive company culture.
We are looking for a smart, organized, professional problem-solver to join the People Team at our recently rebuilt Falls Church office. On a daily basis, you will be held to high standards, face new challenges, and see your influence on the company. Our Office Manager role is not for the meek or apathetic; this position requires confidence, creativity, grit, and compassion. Responsibilities include all those usually associated with office management, as well as anything from trouble shooting Alexa bots to interior design to health and wellness counseling, and whatever else comes up. No two days are alike, and there is no limit to the ways you can help make Viget awesome.
- Understand how important this role is to our work and culture and would embrace the opportunity to make a lasting impact.
- Are an authentic people person. You enjoy interacting with coworkers, clients, job candidates, and guests.
- Are organized, detail-oriented, and find satisfaction in juggling recurring daily tasks with many ongoing projects.
- Are trustworthy with confidential information, reliable in terms of deadlines, and dependable to your peers — you do what you say you’ll do.
- Are helpful and service-oriented by nature. You’re positive, high-energy, and proactive about helping others whenever and however you can.
- Love learning new skills and are excited about Viget’s focus on lifelong learning and career development.
- Enjoy research assignments. You’re good at digging into a topic, summarizing options, and making recommendations on the best way to proceed.
- Are well-spoken and have an excellent command of the English language when you speak and write.
- Are a proficient web user, comfortable with web-based software tools such as Gmail, Google Docs, Slack, and Basecamp. You also know your way around a spreadsheet.
- Have an interest in the creative tech industry, a passion for Viget’s core values, and would be excited to support us in delivering great work to our clients.
- Lead our efforts to make our office as enjoyable, productive, and inspiring as it can be. As a key part of our People Team, you’ll think of creative ways to make Viget an awesome place to work.
- Monitor and maintain office supplies, drinks, snacks, and anything else needed.
- Greet visitors, answer the phone, and accept deliveries.
- Provide travel support to our team (e.g., research and book flights and hotels).
- Help research, plan, and run quarterly company team-building events as well as occasional staff happy hours.
- Plan and help host industry-related community events in our office.
- Support our other two offices in terms of communication and any supplies or services which can be managed remotely.
- Perform miscellaneous special projects or research efforts as assigned.
- Do the little things that ensure the office runs well — distribute mail, set up for meetings, water plants, etc.
- Be a visible, active, social part of our company culture — someone everyone finds approachable and helpful.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Able to work independently with little oversight.
- Able to maintain confidential information.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- A somewhat flexible schedule to accommodate (occasional) early mornings or late evenings.
- A valid driver’s license and consistent access to a car for errands (non-commute mileage can be reimbursed).
Please send your resume and a thoughtful, error-free email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your email needs to touch on some of the key bullet points outlined above, making a case for why you’re a good fit for the position. The tone should be professional, but personable.
Before you apply, we encourage you to take the time to get inspired by descriptions of our former Office Manager, Khanh, and her successor, Sarah. Here are some blog posts to give you a general sense of our culture, our values, and the job. This is us on Instagram, Flickr, and Vimeo. So, knock our socks off already!
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Viget maintains a drug-free workplace. Please note, we are unable to offer work visa sponsorship at this time.