As an apprentice, you'll be part of the development team and work alongside a dedicated advisor. You’ll shadow other developers, gain exposure to client projects and deliverables, contribute to projects when you’re ready, and experience the cadence and pace of a full-time job at a digital agency. Throughout the program, you'll meet regularly with your advisor to track progress on personalized learning goals.
- The program lasts 14 weeks, from September 12 to December 16.
- You must be available for the full 14 weeks and to travel for our fall TTT October 11-15. Travel costs are covered by Viget.
- Apprentices can work from home or from one of our offices, or a combination of both. Our offices are in Falls Church, VA; Durham, NC; Boulder, CO; and Chattanooga, TN.
- You are expected to work 40 hours/week (generally 9am-5pm your local time, M-F).
- Total compensation is $8,400. Apprentices do not receive health benefits.
- If working from home, you need a stable internet connection and a quiet workspace.
- Apprentices must have the permanent, legal right to work in the United States and must live in the United States.
About You (You may not be all of these things yet, and that's okay!):
- You advocate for a great user experience in all of your work.
- You are collaborative. You'd enjoy working alongside our development and design teams.
- You are curious. You’re staying current with industry news and continually building upon skills and expertise.
- You want to be a professional web developer.
- You are a graduate of a bootcamp or relevant college degree program, or you’re highly self-motivated and self-taught. You’re eager to work with an advisor / mentor.
- You are proactive and get things done. You manage your time effectively. No matter what you're doing, you take pride in your work.
- You are a clear communicator verbally and in writing. You’re a good listener and enjoy collaborating.
What You’ll Learn:
- React best practices in component design, state management, and more
- How to test code effectively with common industry tools like React Testing Library
- Methods for building and styling accessible user interfaces on the web
- Advanced Git usage for collaboration in large project teams
How to Get in Touch:
We are no longer accepting applicants to our Fall 2022 cohort, but please feel free to send us an email to introduce yourself.
Viget is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace where all of us feel valued and heard. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, socioeconomic status, religion, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics. If you have any questions or need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We maintain a drug-free workplace. We are unable to offer work visa sponsorship at this time.