Viget is a digital agency / software development shop headquartered just outside of Washington, DC, (in Falls Church, VA) with additional offices in Durham, NC, Boulder, CO, and Chattanooga, TN. We've been at it since 1999 and have earned a solid reputation as a rare firm that does both great design and development work when building digital products and marketing platforms.
Our Front-End Development (FED) Manager will manage up to 5 team members, support their skill development, and help them achieve their career goals. You will collaborate with the team Director to influence front-end development best practices at Viget, project planning and outcomes, and the overall success of the company. In addition, you will also contribute to client work as a senior-level developer.
At Viget, Front-End Developers work alongside industry-leading project and product managers, interface and product designers, and other developers to create and build out visually rich digital experiences and compelling products. We also collaborate with major brands like ESPN and Dick’s Sporting Goods, impactful nonprofits like WWF and HRC, and emerging startups like Standard Cognition. Viget == variety.
As a Manager, you will:
- Be part of our “player / coach” model by contributing to client work while also being a manager. Project workload varies based on number of direct reports. Managers’ technical skills remain sharp while they support and shape the career paths of others.
- Work closely with an experienced and collaborative FED Director who oversees the overall FED team and will share people management responsibilities.
- Provide regular 1:1 support to your direct reports, mentoring them in their technical and consultative skill development.
- Facilitate the annual performance review process for your direct reports, helping to create a meaningful career path for them.
- Assist with project staffing and coach reports through their project challenges.
- Assist with monthly knowledge-sharing sessions, team meetings, annual team offsites, and general leadership at the team level.
- Participate in monthly management team meetings.
- Influence, champion, and assist with internal initiatives and company events.
- Have around 8+ years of technical experience as well as a track record of team leadership, mentorship, or prior management experience.
Our Front-End Developers:
- Enjoy building smart interfaces faithfully translated from design comps and wireframes.
- Know and use Craft, WordPress, or other modern CMS platforms.
- Have general experience with server-side technology, including PHP and Ruby on Rails.
- Enjoy working with others in our collaborative environment that balances team-wide communication (e.g., daily standups, Slack discussions, code review), pair programming sessions, and frequent blocks of focused, uninterrupted time for independent work.
- Care about modern best practices, including code reviews, continuous integration and deployment, and iterative development.
- Love working alongside our award-winning design team.
Everyone at Viget:
- Embodies our core values of integrity, work ethic, collaboration, creativity, and lifelong learning (especially important as we continually evaluate and embrace new technologies).
- Values mentorship, learning, and sharing knowledge.
- Writes and speaks clearly and effectively when collaborating with teammates and clients.
- Participates in our commitment to building a diverse and inclusive company.
How to Apply:
Please attach your resume and submit a cover letter discussing why you want to work at Viget, and how your previous experience relates to the position described. Examples of your previous work are also much appreciated.
Before you get in touch, feel free to learn more about Erica and Margaret on Viget's People Team. You can also get to know us better on Twitter, Flickr, Vimeo, Instagram, Facebook, and by exploring pointlesscorp.com.
We maintain a drug-free workplace. We are unable to offer work visa sponsorship at this time.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and we’re committed to creating an inclusive workplace. In order to meet the diverse needs of our clients and make the digital world better for everyone, we seek to expand the diversity of our team. We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require accommodations or assistance during the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.