We are no longer accepting applicants to our Fall 2019 cohort.
Front-end developers code up interactions and animations. Also known as: the people who make websites come alive. At Viget, our front-end developers get to cover a wide range of project types, from client-side application work in React, to engaging and interactive experiences, to full site builds on our favorite CMS: Craft.
Viget’s Front-End Development Apprenticeship is designed to provide practical knowledge and experience for recent graduates of a code school, 4-year degree program, and, in some cases, appropriately motivated self-taught individuals.
As a Front-End Developer Apprentice, you'll work alongside our designers and developers. You'll work side-by-side with your mentor and contribute to client projects by building out design compositions into HTML/CSS for integration into backend systems.
- The Front-End Developer Apprenticeship is offered in two of our locations: Falls Church, VA and Boulder, CO.
- The apprenticeship lasts 10 weeks, from September 16 to November 22.
- Apprentices are expected to work 40 hours/week (9-5, M-F, but we can be flexible).
- Total compensation of $6,000.
- Relocation is not provided.
- You must have the permanent, legal right to work in the US. We do not sponsor visas.
About You (You may not be all of these things yet, and that's okay!):
- You have a demonstrated passion for technology. You're interested in Craft CMS, Wordpress, and other blogging/CMS software, as well as in server-side code like Node.js, PHP, or Ruby.
- You are collaborative. You'd enjoy working alongside both our development and design teams.
- You are detail-oriented and can notice variances between a design and buildout from 1,000 yards away.
- You get things done. No matter what you're doing, you take pride in your work. You enjoy responsibility and you know that real effort pays off daily.
- You are a recent graduate of a code school, 4-year degree program, or a superbly motivated, self-taught individual.
What You’ll Learn:
- Best practices and cutting edge tools and technology used by professional front-end developers.
- How to build with accessibility in mind, and how to test that your work meets WCAG requirements.
- Quality assurance best practices and processes, ensuring your work functions as intended across browsers, devices, and screen sizes.
- How to collaborate and work side-by-side with a cross-functional Viget team, especially designers and back-end developers.
How to Apply:
Please attach your resume and submit a cover letter discussing why you want to work at Viget, and how your previous experience relates to the position described. Examples of your previous work are also much appreciated.
Before you get in touch, feel free to learn more about Emily, Erica, and Carolyn on Viget's People Team. You can also get to know us better on Twitter, Flickr, Vimeo, Instagram, Facebook, and by exploring pointlesscorp.com.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Viget maintains a drug-free workplace. Please note, we are unable to offer work visa sponsorship at this time.