Front-End Developer Apprentice
We are no longer accepting applicants to our Fall 2020 cohort.
Front-end developers build interfaces, including developing interactions and animations. Also known as: the people who make websites come alive. At Viget, our front-end developers get to cover a wide range of project types, from client-side application work in React, to engaging and interactive experiences, to full site builds on our favorite CMS: Craft.
Viget’s Front-End Development Apprenticeship is designed to provide practical knowledge and experience for recent graduates of a code school, 4-year degree program, and, in some cases, appropriately motivated self-taught individuals.
As a Front-End Developer Apprentice, you'll work alongside our designers and developers and your mentor to build out design compositions into HTML/CSS for integration into backend systems and gain valuable exposure to client projects.
- The Front-End Developer Apprenticeship is offered as a remote position this year for US-based candidates.
- The apprenticeship lasts 10 weeks, from September 14 to November 20, 2020.
- Apprentices are expected to work 40 hours/week (9-5, M-F, but we can be flexible).
- Total compensation of $6,000.
- You must have the permanent, legal right to work in the US. We are unable to offer work visa sponsorship at this time.
About You (You may not be all of these things yet, and that's okay!):
- You have a demonstrated passion for technology. You're interested in Craft CMS, Wordpress, or other blogging/CMS software.
- You are collaborative. You'd enjoy working alongside both our development and design teams, communicating effectively through Slack, email, or over video calls.
- You are detail-oriented and can notice variances between a design and buildout from 1,000 yards away.
- You get things done. No matter what you're doing, you take pride in your work. You enjoy responsibility and you know that real effort pays off daily.
- You are a recent graduate of a code school, 4-year degree program, or a superbly motivated, self-taught individual.
What You’ll Learn:
- Best practices and cutting edge tools and technology used by professional front-end developers.
- How to build with accessibility in mind, and how to test that your work meets WCAG requirements.
- Quality assurance best practices and processes, ensuring your work looks great and functions as intended across browsers, devices, and screen sizes.
- How to collaborate and work side-by-side with a cross-functional Viget team, especially designers and back-end developers.
How to Get in Touch:
We are no longer accepting applicants to our Fall 2020 cohort, but please feel free to send us an email to introduce yourself.
Before you get in touch, feel free to learn more about Emily and Margaret on Viget's People Team. You can also get to know us better on Twitter, Flickr, Vimeo, Instagram, Facebook, and by exploring pointlesscorp.com.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and we’re committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We value the new perspectives and contributions of each person who joins Viget. In order to meet the diverse needs of our clients and make the digital world better for everyone, we seek to expand the diversity of our team. We designed the Viget Apprenticeship to accelerate the professional development of career-changers and individuals early in their careers, and we encourage people from underrepresented groups in particular to apply.
We maintain a drug-free workplace. We are unable to offer work visa sponsorship at this time.