Viget is a digital agency / software development shop headquartered in Falls Church, VA with offices in Durham, NC and Boulder, CO. We've been at it since 1999 and have earned a solid reputation as a rare firm that does both great design and development work when building award-winning websites. We work with early-stage web startups, as well as established non-profits and for-profits.
Our Front-End Developers work with designers, Ruby developers, and UX specialists to build rich and engaging interfaces. They write about their thoughts and opinions and share their open source work freely.
Our Front-End Developers:
- Find joy in building smart interfaces from comps and wireframes.
- Know HTML and CSS inside and out.
- Advocate for accessibility and usability, and follow the latest web standards.
- Faithfully implement design comps while providing their own touch.
- Know and use Craft, ExpressionEngine, Wordpress, or other blogging/CMS platforms.
- Have general experience with server-side technology, including PHP and Ruby on Rails.
- Both mentor and learn from each other while they keep up with cutting-edge front-end development practices and technology (CSS3, canvas, media queries, responsive design, HTML5).
In addition to coding, our FEDs:
- Take pride in communicating and collaborating well.
- Share ideas and new knowledge with each other, the rest of the company, and the industry.
- Provide reliable ballpark estimates for front-end tasks/deliverables.
- Appreciate, enjoy, and critique design.
- Enjoy variety in their work, but remain committed to projects that take weeks of focused effort to complete.
- Meet deadlines without breaking a sweat (okay, maybe you will sweat a little sometimes).
- Value learning, sharing, and mentorship.
You must also:
- Have at least two years of professional, post-collegiate experience.
- Have a BS, BFA or equivalent work experience.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume and a thoughtful email that includes specifics about how your previous experience matches our job description to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include your salary requirements and examples of your work. We're open to considering candidates at any of our office locations.
Before you get in touch, learn more about Emily and Kat on Viget's People Ops team. You can also get to know us better on Twitter, Flickr, Vimeo, Instagram, Facebook, and by exploring pointlesscorp.com.
Compensation is commensurate with experience. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We look forward to meeting you!