Viget is a digital agency / software development shop headquartered just outside of Washington, DC, (in Falls Church, VA) with additional offices in Durham, NC, Boulder, CO, and Chattanooga, TN. We've been at it since 1999 and have earned a solid reputation as a rare firm that does both great design and development work when building digital products and marketing platforms.
At Viget, we don’t have “sales people.” We earn new business mostly by doing great work with clients like Ad Council, NFL Player's Association, and WCS, and sharing what we know via articles, open source code, and national conferences.
Our Digital Strategists are responsible for doing the initial vetting, research, critical thinking, strategic planning, and relationship-building to ensure every client engagement adds to that growing body of great work. Each opportunity is a new problem to solve, a new strategy to develop—and requires a highly consultative, but efficient approach. As a Digital Strategist, you will work with some of the most talented designers and developers in the industry and on behalf of a wide range of exciting clients. You’ll both ask and answer hard questions, define creative solutions, and be a key part of the team that delivers results.
In addition, our Digital Strategists:
- Stand out as exceptional communicators—they are creative writers, confident speakers, and keen listeners.
- Naturally build authentic relationships and partnerships with our clients built on mutual respect and a shared commitment to joint success.
- Review incoming project requests, do initial research, and talk to prospective and current clients regularly. Optimism, curiosity, energy, and quick response time are essential every day.
- Read RFPs, conduct strategic calls, and write engaging proposals and custom project plans based on these discussions. You need to be a solid writer with a knack for being both well-structured and concise, as well as persuasive and punchy.
- Run the pitch process, collaborating with designers, copywriters, and technologists to develop a practical, yet ambitious, vision for each new client engagement.
- Give presentations that are tailored to a specific client’s needs, that resonate with decision-makers, and that pique the interest of results-driven stakeholders.
- Love research, being well-prepared, and equipping your team with data points that will help them be equally impressive during sales discussions.
- Enjoy the negotiation process that comes with winning new business and growing existing accounts—striking the right balance of scope, schedule, and price to close a deal.
- Treat all client relationships with a long-term perspective. Many of our larger projects began as small, short-term engagements.
- Get things done. No matter what you're doing, you take pride in your work and in your ability to hit deadlines. You enjoy responsibility and working hard.
The ideal candidate will also:
- Think like a consultant, not a sales person. You are logical, intelligent, and enjoy solving problems. You’re naturally persuasive, but not sales-y or in the least bit unethical.
- Be naturally curious. You’re eager to learn about emerging technologies, our previous and existing projects, and new industries every day.
- Love technology and have great respect for people who make it. You might even be a bit nerdy yourself, and would love to collaborate with our technical team.
- Have an entrepreneurial mindset—you think in terms of costs, efficiency, and profit, and can put it all together for a solid long-term strategy that makes sense for our clients and our business.
- Be extremely well-organized. You can handle several deals at once without anything slipping through the cracks.
- Deeply value coworkers’ expertise and talents, realizing that those talents are Viget’s greatest asset.
- Have 2-10 years of relevant experience (ideally) in a consulting, tech startup, or digital agency role.
Everyone at Viget:
- Embodies our core values of integrity, work ethic, collaboration, creativity, and lifelong learning.
- Values mentorship, learning, and sharing knowledge.
- Writes and speaks clearly and effectively when collaborating with teammates and clients.
- Believes in and supports our commitment to building a diverse and inclusive company.
How to Apply:
Before you get in touch, learn more about Emily, Erica, and Katie on Viget's People Team. You can also get to know us better on Twitter, Flickr, Vimeo, Instagram, Facebook, and by exploring pointlesscorp.com.
We maintain a drug-free workplace. We are unable to offer work visa sponsorship at this time.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and we’re committed to creating an inclusive workplace. In order to meet the diverse needs of our clients and make the digital world better for everyone, we seek to expand the diversity of our team. We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. If you are a person with a disability and require accommodations or assistance during the application process, please email email@example.com.
Washington DC Metro
Our headquarters is minutes from DC in Falls Church, VA.
The Durham office is centrally located in a growing city with a thriving culture.
One of the nation’s tech capitals, Boulder attracts some of the brightest talent around.
Our newest office location is known for its charm and a booming tech scene.
Remote, USAWe’ve had distributed teams for years, but now we’re more remote-friendly than ever: work from home, from the office, or a combination.Learn More
Thanks for your interest. We look forward to hearing from you!