First, read this job description for the project manager role we’re hiring for in all three of our offices. Viget project managers are exceptional — more than coordinators, they are strategic problem solvers, trusted consultants, and confident leaders. The unique person qualified to help lead our Boulder office is, first and foremost, a solid project manager.
Read it? Confident you can do that job … and more? To excel in this position, you must aspire to be more than a project manager. For somewhere between 2 and 10 years you’ve been running digital projects and now you’re ready to take a new step in your career.
You have an entrepreneurial spirit, and while you love running projects, you want to have your hands (and head and heart) in more parts of the business — concrete parts of the business like recruiting and client engagement and hosting community events, as well as abstract parts like office culture and internal communication. You are someone who is reluctant to ever say, "that's not my job."
Viget started in 1999 just outside of Washington, DC, and we opened our first remote office in Durham, NC in 2007. We expanded to Boulder in 2011 and it’s now home to about a dozen full-time team members and growing. Deliberate, controlled growth itself isn’t the goal; rather, it’s a natural result of a thriving business that you’ll help lead.
In addition to running projects, you will:
- Contribute to business development efforts by working with our sales and marketing team to respond to local leads that request an in-person connection. This isn’t a sales role — and no one at Viget does any “hard selling” — but you should feel comfortable facilitating a productive conversation with new client prospects when our services are requested.
- Be an honorary member of Viget’s People Team and help with recruiting, onboarding, office management, and generally ensuring the Boulder office is flourishing. You will help nurture a local office culture that people are excited to be part of.
- Serve in leadership functions ranging from representing the Boulder office in our weekly company-wide Free Brunch Friday staff meeting to facilitating monthly discussions about office improvements, local community events, etc.
- Collaborate with our east coast Events Manager and Marketing & Communications Manager to help organize, promote, and host industry meetups several times per year.
- Feel drawn to Viget’s values, impressed with our work, in sync with our culture, and enthusiastic about the prospect of earning a key role in the story of our ongoing success.
- Work directly with (and learn from) our founders on all aspects of running a successful office as part of a larger business.
How to Apply:
Please attach your resume and submit a cover letter discussing why you want to work at Viget, and how your previous experience relates to the position described. Examples of your previous work are also much appreciated.
Before you get in touch, feel free to learn more about Emily and Erica on Viget's People Team page. You can also get to know us better on Twitter, Flickr, Vimeo, Instagram, Facebook, and by exploring pointlesscorp.com.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Viget maintains a drug-free workplace. Please note, we are unable to offer work visa sponsorship at this time.