We are no longer accepting applications for this position. Check back soon for information about our winter apprenticeship program.
As a Digital Analyst Apprentice, you'll use data to help clients make smart decisions about their digital strategy, from their information architecture and page design to inbound marketing channels. You'll learn how to plan a measurement strategy, implement analytics tools, analyze data, run split tests, and present compelling findings—both written and visual.
You’ll work with companies that have large data sets, but also be part of a team that’s small enough that your recommendations will have an outsized impact. Viget is a great place to start and grow your Digital Analytics career. You’ll be exposed to a wide array of clients — nonprofits, startups, and Fortune 500 companies — instead of the data for just a single company.
You’ll gain crucial exposure to disciplines outside of digital analytics. You’ll work with other teams to inform UX and design decisions, make sure data collection is accurate, and balance tracking and testing decisions with site performance.other disciplines at Viget.
- The Digital Analyst Apprenticeship is offered in all three of our locations: Falls Church, VA (HQ); Durham, NC; or Boulder, CO.
- The apprenticeship lasts 10 weeks, from September 10 - November 16. Apply by July 27.
- Apprentices are expected to work 40 hours/week (9-5, M-F, but we can be flexible).
- Total compensation of $6,000.
- Relocation is not provided.
- You must have the permanent, legal right to work in the US. We do not sponsor visas.
About You (You may not be all of these things yet, and that's okay!):
- You have a quantitative background working with data — as a college major, through a professional certification, or in a past job. You know your way around Excel and may even have experience with tools like Tableau, R, or Python.
- You’ve used Google Analytics, either professionally or on a personal project.
- You’re a strong communicator — both in writing and presenting.
- You know about, and care about, other disciplines at Viget, such as UX, design, development, brand strategy, and/or marketing.
- You’re independent and seek out challenges, rather than waiting for them to be assigned to you.
What You’ll Learn
- You will focus on independently learning the following online curriculum:
- You’ll then apply this knowledge on real-world projects, working with a mentor to supplement your skills and reinforce your learnings. In addition to the tools above, you’ll get collaborative teaching sessions about:
- Optimizely and Google Optimize
- Crazy Egg
- Other disciplines at Viget
- During the course of your apprenticeship, you should plan to:
- Create a report using Google Data Studio
- Complete a pure data analysis project
- Run a split test
- Configure a Google Analytics setup on a site using Tag Manager
- Analyze a site ahead of a redesign using Google Analytics
- Earn your Google Analytics individual qualification
How to Apply:
Please attach your resume and submit a cover letter discussing why you want to work at Viget, and how your previous experience relates to the position described. Examples of your previous work are also much appreciated.
Before you get in touch, feel free to learn more about Emily and Erica on Viget's People Team page. You can also get to know us better on Twitter, Flickr, Vimeo, Instagram, Facebook, and by exploring pointlesscorp.com.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Viget maintains a drug-free workplace. Please note, we are unable to offer work visa sponsorship at this time.