Digital Analyst Apprentice
We are no longer accepting applications to our Winter 2021 cohort.
As a Digital Analyst Apprentice, you'll use data to help clients make smart decisions about their digital strategy, from their information architecture and page design to inbound marketing channels. You'll learn how to plan a measurement strategy, implement analytics tools, analyze data, run split tests, and present compelling written and visual findings.
You’ll learn from our work with companies that have large data sets, but also be part of a team that’s small enough that your recommendations will have an outsized impact. Viget is a great place to start and grow your digital analytics career. You’ll be exposed to a wide array of clients — nonprofits, startups, and Fortune 500 companies — and a variety of data.
You’ll gain crucial exposure to disciplines outside of digital analytics. You’ll work with other teams to collaborate on UX and design decisions, make sure data collection is accurate, and balance measurement decisions with site performance.
- The Digital Analyst Apprenticeship is offered as a remote position this year for US-based candidates.
- The apprenticeship lasts 10 weeks, from January 19 to March 26, 2021.
- Apprentices are expected to work 40 hours/week (9-5, M-F, but we can be flexible).
- Total compensation of $6,000.
- You must have the permanent, legal right to work in the US. We are unable to offer work visa sponsorship at this time.
About You (You may not be all of these things yet, and that's okay!):
- You have a quantitative background — as a college major, through a professional certification, or in a past job.
- You know your way around Excel and may even have experience with tools such as R or Python.
- You’ve used Google Analytics, either professionally or on a personal project.
- You’re a strong communicator, both in writing and presenting, and will enjoy discussing data and communicating findings and recommendations to teammates and clients.
- You know about — and care about — other disciplines at Viget, such as UX, design, development, brand strategy, and/or marketing.
- You independently seek out challenges, rather than waiting for them to be assigned to you.
What You’ll Learn
- You’ll then apply this knowledge on real-world projects, working with a mentor to supplement your skills and reinforce your learnings.During the course of your apprenticeship, you should plan to:
- Configure a Google Analytics setup on a site using Tag Manager
- Create a report using Google Data Studio
- Complete a data analysis project
- Run a split test
- Analyze a site ahead of a redesign using Google Analytics
- Earn your Google Analytics individual qualification
How to Apply:
We are no longer accepting applications to our Winter 2021 cohort. We’ll begin sharing info on our Fall 2021 program in the summer of 2021. In the meantime, if you’re interested in our program, feel free to send us an email to introduce yourself.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and we’re committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We value the new perspectives and contributions of each person who joins Viget. In order to meet the diverse needs of our clients and make the digital world better for everyone, we seek to expand the diversity of our team. We designed the Viget Apprenticeship for individuals early in their careers and career changers to accelerate their professional development in their chosen field, and we encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply.
Before you get in touch, feel free to learn more about Emily and Margaret on Viget's People Team. You can also get to know us better on Twitter, Flickr, Vimeo, Instagram, Facebook, Dribbble, and by exploring pointlesscorp.com.
We maintain a drug-free workplace. We are unable to offer work visa sponsorship at this time.