Viget is a digital agency / software development shop headquartered just outside of Washington, DC, (in Falls Church, VA) with additional offices in Durham, NC, Boulder, CO, and Chattanooga, TN. We've been at it since 1999 and have earned a solid reputation as a rare firm that does both great design and development work when building digital products and marketing platforms.
Our designers work alongside industry-leading copywriters and brand strategists, UX and product designers, project managers, and developers to create visually-rich, complex digital experiences and compelling products.
In between projects, we share our opinions and write about our methods.
- Are creative thinkers and visual storytellers.
- Begin work with thoughtful strategy and avoid elementary design solutions.
- Think beyond aesthetics and apply methodical problem solving to design.
- Are strong communicators and have the ability to articulate design decisions to a variety of audiences.
- Are mindful and skilled presenters.
- Create original imagery as necessary to better enhance content narratives.
- Enjoy variety in their work, which may include early brand explorations, fine-tuning UI elements, and anything in between.
- Understand that motion design is an essential part of interactive design.
- Know how to make connections to create, extend, and enhance brand stories.
- Are considerate of accessibility, usability, and future-friendly web standards.
- Find it exciting to know their next project could involve AR/VR/XR, IOT, software, hardware, product design, design systems, or a marketing campaign, microsite, or large-scale website.
- Understand that digital design is fluid, flexible, and adaptive.
- Are familiar with Adobe’s Creative Suite and other design applications while open to learning new tools and techniques (our current favorite is Figma).
- Have grit and understand that hard work is simply part of the job.
- Are interested in continual learning and sharing knowledge with others.
- Make opportunities to be a part of a larger professional community.
You must also:
- Have an online portfolio you can share with us.
- Have a degree, certification, or equivalent work experience showing aptitude with design.
Design at Viget:
The design team at Viget has three roles that provide our clients with services ranging from brand strategy to product design:
- UX Designers specialize in crafting complex marketing sites, content sites, and e-commerce sites.
- Product Designers specialize in creating compelling digital products.
- Creative Designers specialize in making visually-rich experiences and sites for brands.
How to Apply:
Please attach your resume and submit a cover letter discussing why you want to work at Viget, and how your previous experience relates to the position described. Examples of your previous work are also much appreciated.
Before you get in touch, feel free to learn more about Erica and Margaret on Viget's People Team. You can also get to know us better on Twitter, Flickr, Vimeo, Instagram, Facebook, and by exploring pointlesscorp.com.
We maintain a drug-free workplace. We are unable to offer work visa sponsorship at this time.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and we’re committed to creating an inclusive workplace. In order to meet the diverse needs of our clients and make the digital world better for everyone, we seek to expand the diversity of our team. We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. If you are a person with a disability and require accommodations or assistance during the application process, please email email@example.com.