Viget is a creative place. We create amazing digital experiences for clients. We help the Wildlife Conservation Society save elephants and the World Wildlife Fund save animals. We also help Dick's Sporting Goods sell fitness apparel, ID.me offer savings, and the Lupus Foundation teach people to Know Lupus. We do this and more in part by telling compelling stories that strengthen the connection between our clients' brands and their customers. We believe that great digital products need great design, technology, and content. That’s where you come in.
To do this job well, you’ll need these skills:
- You’re skilled. You write and speak exceptionally well. You take pride in the quality of your writing and can help others improve their writing as well.
- You’re persuasive. Whether you’re writing a creative brief or having a friendly debate over lunch, you’re known for being able to make a strong case for your opinion, and others tend to follow you.
- You’re funny. Most good content has a sense of humor and so should you. For example, you think this is quite clever, and this is hilarious.
- You’re smart. You quickly understand complex subjects and have a knack for explaining them succinctly in written or verbal form.
- You are an amazing storyteller.
- People like you and want to be around you. You find yourself pulled into interesting discussions all the time, and people seek your ideas and opinions.
- You’re organized. Good content is tight. Succinct. Logical. Structured. You reflect these qualities in your work habits.
- You collaborate well. This is a team effort. You are humble, kind, and encouraging. You hold yourself to high standards and inspire the people around you to do the same.
- You’re entrepreneurial. This is an evolving discipline in the digital realm. You should be comfortable and confident educating both clients and peers about copywriting. You need to be both adaptive and eager to hack new paths through the content wilderness.
The ideal candidate also has these interests and experiences:
- You’re a web person, and an early-adopter at that. You’re active on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and maybe Snapchat.
- You have great user experience instincts. You know how and when to lean on a specialized UX designer, but you also know how valuable your input on content can be.
- You’re savvy when it comes to digital marketing and marketing strategy overall.
- You have a college degree and probably 2-6 years of experience, including some time working at a creative agency.
What you’ll do:
- Contribute to brainstorming sessions for sales pitches, and collaborate with designers to set the tone for specific presentations. Write the persuasive parts of sales presentations and proposals.
- Similarly brainstorm ideas and write content for a wide range of projects once we’re engaged.
- Work closely with the UX and design teams to develop the content strategy behind our work.
- Generate cohesive, persuasive text that makes our work more human-friendly, usable, and enjoyable.
- Study the brands of clients and ensure that your copy is consistent with those brands. Note that our brand clients include WWF, Shure, DICKS Sporting Goods, Volunteers of America, and many others -- so, versatility is key.
How to Apply:
Before you get in touch, you may want to learn more about Viget's recruiting and hiring practices by reading some of Emily's blog posts. You can get to know us better on Twitter, Flickr, Vimeo, Instagram, Facebook, and by exploring pointlesscorp.com. Think you’d fit in? Think you’d be able to rock the boat a bit and make us better? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with a compelling cover email, including salary requirements, and a resume. Include a link to an online portfolio, or share recent work samples.
Confidentiality is assured. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We look forward to meeting you.