At Viget, we don’t have “sales people.” We all sell Viget all the time, mostly by doing great work with clients like ESPN and WCS, and sharing what we know via articles, open source code, and national conferences.
Our Digital Strategists are responsible for doing the initial vetting, research, critical thinking, strategic planning, and relationship-building to ensure every client engagement adds to that growing body of great work. Each opportunity is a new problem to solve, a new strategy to develop—and requires a highly consultative, but efficient approach. As a Digital Strategist, you will work with some of the most talented designers and developers in the industry and on behalf of a wide range of exciting clients. You’ll both ask and answer hard questions, define creative solutions, and be a key part of the team that delivers results.
In addition, our Digital Strategists:
- Stand out as exceptional communicators—they are creative writers, confident speakers, and keen listeners.
- Review incoming project requests, do initial research, and talk to prospective clients over the phone or in-person. Optimism, curiosity, energy, and quick response time are essential every day.
- Read RFPs, conduct strategic calls, and write engaging proposals and custom project plans based on these discussions. You need to be a solid writer with a knack for being both well-structured and concise, as well as persuasive and punchy.
- Run the pitch process, collaborating with designers, copywriters, and technologists to develop a practical, yet ambitious, vision for each new client engagement.
- Give presentations that are tailored to a specific client’s needs, that resonate with decision-makers, and that pique the interest of results-driven stakeholder.
- Love research, being well-prepared, and equipping your team with data points that will help them be equally impressive during sales discussions.
- Enjoy the negotiation process that comes with winning new business—striking the right balance of scope, schedule, and price to close a deal.
- Treat all client relationships with a long-term perspective. Many of our larger projects began as small, short-term engagements.
- Get things done. No matter what you're doing, you take pride in your work and in your ability to hit deadlines. You enjoy responsibility and working hard.
The ideal candidate will also:
- Think like a consultant, not a sales person. You are logical, intelligent, and enjoy solving problems. You’re naturally persuasive, but not sales-y or remotely unethical.
- Be naturally curious. You’re eager to learn about emerging technologies, our previous and existing projects, and new industries every day.
- Understand how the Internet works and demonstrate a love of technology. You like to tinker and experiment.
- Have a business mindset—you think in terms of costs, efficiency, and profit, and can put it all together for solid long-term strategy. Even as a kid, your lemonade stand always turned the highest profit.
- Be extremely well-organized. You can handle several deals at once without anything slipping through the cracks.
- Deeply value coworkers’ expertise and talents, realizing that those talents are Viget’s greatest asset.
- Have 1-5 years post-grad experience (ideally) in a consulting, startup, or digital agency role.
We are looking to add a Digital Strategist to our headquarters office in Falls Church, VA. To apply, please send your resume and a thoughtful email that includes specifics about how your previous experience matches our job description to email@example.com. Please include your salary requirements.
Compensation is commensurate with experience. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please note, we are unable to offer work visa sponsorship at this time. We look forward to meeting you!